17|FLAMES

"So you're really not telling me where you're going?" Ivan questioned as they walked across the airstrip

She shook her head, "You will wave to me when I'm flying high, right?"

They approached a small aeroplane and the door opened, revealing an elderly man. "Courtney, meet Albert. Albert, meet Courtney."

"Hop on in," was all he said.

Courtney turned to look at Ivan and placed a kiss on his cheek. "Thanks for everything, Ivan. Just promise me that you'll never get an STD."

Ivan nudged her shoulder, "I'm careful and if you need me, I'm sure you'll find a way of finding me."

"I appreciate it but, you're not going to hear from me again. Take a picture if you must," Courtney did three quick poses and laughed in between.

"Little lady, you ready?" Albert asked and she nodded. She walked up the stairs and gave a small wave to Ivan who waved back and started walking off.

Courtney sat down in a seat and sighed. The plane was small and couldn't fit any more than ten people on.

Albert got the plane up and running and at the start of the runway. "You always travel light?" He'd noticed that she'd only brought herself on the flight, no suitcase, no carry-ons, no side bags. Absolutely nothing.

"Would be kind of pointless, don't you think? If you're having second thoughts about this, you don't need to go through with it," Courtney reassured him.

"Don't worry little lady," the plane was in the air on an incline. "I'll get you to where you need to be," he turned around and winked at her.

Courtney looked out of the window and saw a tiny, single Ivan waving at her.

+++

"JULIEN DE BEAUCHAMP HAS BEEN FOUND DEAD IN HIS HOME. MÉLISSANDRE DE BEACHAMP'S WHEREABOUTS IS CURRENTLY UNKNOWN ALTHOUGH SHE IS A PERSON OF INTEREST IN THE MURDER OF SILAS REYES WHO WAS ALSO FOUND DEAD ON THE 7TH OF DECEMBER.

UNCOVERING THE BODY OF SILAS, THE POLICE FOUND A CARVING OF A ROSE ON THE VICTIM'S CHEEK WHICH LED TO THEM SOLVING THE MYSTERY OF PENNY KLINE.

ALTHOUGH NOT ALL DETAILS ARE CURRENTLY KNOWN, PENNY KLINE'S LOCATION HAS BEEN CONFIRMED BUT HER STATUS IS IN PIECES. A DETAILED EXAMINATION OF HER BODY IS IN PLACE BUT WHAT OFFICIALS HAVE SAID IS THAT THE BODY DATES BACK TO OVER A YEAR AGO AND IT SEEMS AS THOUGH HER BODY WAS USED FOR SEXUAL INTENTIONS.

TO TOP OFF THIS STORY, SILAS REYES' DNA HAS BEEN FOUND ON THE BODY OF PENNY KLINE. MORE INFORMATION TO FOLLOW LATER."

+++

Christopher was settling into rehab. His parents had paid for an extremely expensive program and he would be there for six months.

He'd expected no one in the establishment to be his age but he'd met Orion and Jack who had been there a month before him. The three of them were always together creating trouble somewhere.

Christopher didn't mind being there. He was getting better for Courtney and when he was able to leave, he would go find her. That was his plan.

Orion and Jack came in stumbling ontop of one another, fighting their way through the doorway.

"Chris!"

"You gotta put the news on, dude," Orion gasped and leapt onto Christopher's bed.

"Like, right now! What are you fucking waiting for? We're gonna miss it," Jack snatched the remote and put the news on.

"... more information to follow later."

Groans left the two boys' mouths and Jack through a pillow at Christopher. "Missed it."

Orion got up off the bed, "See you at dinner. I'll be in the games room."

Christopher was left alone on his bed. He was about to get up and join the boys in the games room but something caught his attention.

"JUST OFF THE COAST OF GUATEMALA, A PLANE SEEMS TO HAVE UNEXPECTEDLY GONE UP IN FLAMES.

AS SHOWN IN THE VIDEOS, TWO BODIES CAN BE SEEN FALLING FROM THE BURNING PLANE. JUDGING FROM THE FIRE AND THE DISTANCE THAT THE TWO FELL, EXPERTS DOUBT THAT THERE WERE ANY SURVIVORS.

ONE BODY, THE PILOT, HAS BEEN IDENTIFIED AS SEVENTY ONE-YEAR-OLD ALBERT MOROZOVA.

THE PLANE CARRIED ONE OTHER PASSENGER, SEVENTEEN YEAR OLD COURTNEY JACKSON, BUT HER BODY HAS NOT BEEN FOUND. HOWEVER, THE REMAINS OF THE PLANE ARE PRACTICALLY BURNT TO A CRISP AND THE SURVIVAL RATES OF A FALL FROM THAT HIGH ALONG WITH THE BURNS ARE INCREDIBLY LOW.

EXPERTS ARE NOT LOOKING FOR A MISSING PERSON BUT ARE ATTEMPTING TO RETRIEVE A BODY."

+++

A/N

Yeah, this is the last chapter. *Don't hate me, don't hate me!*

There will be an epilogue, so look out for that (I'll try get it up before Christmas, which is like 2 days away).

But this is the end. I can't believe it. Thank you so much for reading and voting and commenting. Thank you so much.