08) On My Way

He was not used to an ordinary life. He had to wake up early in the morning, go to school, study, play, clean the rooms and a lot more that a normal child would do. He could not get adjust to this routine. He missed his projects, missed his training, his mom and Edith. Only now he realized how closed he was with them. His life was set there together with them. Not here, not this boring life. Only visible things he could possessed from his memory was Toby and his dices. He recollected how he introduced Toby to Edith.

Most of all he hated to be back at an orphanage. It made him sad and moody for some unknown reason. He looked through the window (he had insisted to have a room next to a window in the second floor), closed his eyes for a moment and thought his mother would come again to pick him up. His vision was blurred. Tears ran down his cheeks. No; I'm not a weakling. He wiped off his tears and kept looking at an oak tree which was right next to his open window.

He remained silent for weeks without speaking to any of the children or officers there. Their attention was fixed on him. They tried to cheer him up and get him out of his gloomy mood. Unwanted attention made him lose his peace. He was determined not to let go of his past and pry on it. If he was hoping to meet with his family again it was risky to draw others' attention. He wanted them to go on with their own work. Once again he craved for his lonely life. He pretended to come back to his normal self (here normal self refers to that of a 10 year old child and not Sam's real self). So that the officers let him be. Child services were convinced that they took the child back on the fold. He did not disturb their innocent thought and started to act the good boy's character. He went to school daily and his remarkable talents made him glow. He was noticed among others. He really was special. Teachers and the school community was impressed by his special skills in Math. He was good at his studies, his outstanding talent in math made him remarkable.

After a while he won a scholarship and went to a better school. There he participated in an international Math competition 'IQ Math' and won the first place. His face along with the head of orphanage went in newspapers. Donations were flowing in and they were beyond happy to see their name 'Memento Children Care' on the newspaper. He was awarded a grand price along with a laptop and evidently pleased authorities gave it all to Sam, to handle by himself. They were fully convinced that Sam knew what to with his money and talent and could do nothing wrong. So they let him be.

They had one way to describe Sam 'That boy is calm and quiet and looks after himself. We never had to force him to study or work. He always knew what to be done. Such a unique brilliant boy! All he asks for is peace' they chuckled. They thought very high of him and had no doubt that he'll be very successful in life. Sam had asked them not to disturb when he's working and he had some research to do at the time. They tried to give him their utmost support in the hope of getting an interview and a lot of funds again.

That way Sam had found his peace. He was secluded and was leading his lonely life. He preferred it that way. Though he was a brilliant kid with a normal life in others' eyes, Sam's ideas were completely different. He used his good reputation which was created thanks to his outstanding brain to mislead the authorities. He was back on the game with his laptop. From Cullen and Linda he had learnt a lot of things. He knew exactly how and where to find equipment for his upcoming journey. He ran through unauthorized websites of black market and ordered all the gadgets he needed. After a while he was back on the track, was with his passion-'hacking'.

Though he tried to trace them down it was all in vain. At a point he was well aware that 'that way he won't be able to find them'.

All this time he had tried to find the real cause which took his family away from him. He was looking for a person to put the blame on. After keep playing the same play track of that fatal night over and over again he had found one to release his rage on. He was convinced that way he could reach his family again.

He leaned on his bed, closed his eyes and started reading that nicely printed letter, his 10th birthday gift. He recalled Paris mission which turned his life upside down. He had to hack into a security system as usual and get access to a certain phone of a certain lady. After they secure all the data that lady's life had to come to its end. In that nice white sheet of paper there were nicely printed black letters which had described the outlook of the lady quite elaborately. She was blond, 5 feet and 6 inches tall and was a well-trained fighter. If he hadn't tried to go against his mother for some silly woman whom he didn't even know, he won't be an orphan by now. He put the blame on the blond lady. He was paranoid; obsessed over the idea. He had an unpleasant feeling rising against his siblings as well. If they had been shocked like him when they were called for the first time; if they too had been wavered for the first time he won't be seen as a weakling.

He had kept repeating the same idea, same video track, and the same attitude for a long time. By now he was obsessed. His alibi was perfect; yet one thing was certain. By now he had completely lost it, he was out of his mind. No longer did he thought. He strongly believed that 5 feet lady was the cause for his down fall and after removing her from his path he'll be secured once again.

He stood up from his bed, reached his dices and took them up. He was about to get another vital decision. 'Whatever you say I'll consider it to be my fate; god's will' he said and rolled them. His eyes sparkled and he broke into a mad laughter when he spotted those six dots on each dice!