Chapter Twenty-Nine - ???

He stared at the camera system.

His new friends had already taken their places, getting ready for the plan.

Everything was perfect. That murderer was about to leave, then they would all be free.

So why did he have such a bad feeling?

He picked up the radio Mari had given him.

You guys ready? She's almost gone.

Yeah. I can see the remote. Stop talking, you might give us away.

He switched off the radio. Mari made a good point, but that didn't change the fact that doing nothing made him nervous.

She left the room, leaving the remote on the table. Vee and Goldie snuck in and were just about to grab the remote when...

Dammit, I left the remote again. I keep doing that.

He turned the radio on in a flash. MARI! GET THEM OUT! SHE'S DOUBLING-

What the hell?

Back...

It was too late. Goldie and Vee were chipped again and lying on the floor, unresponsive. They glared into the cameras, right into his heart.

Dammit, I knew something like this would happen.

That woman laughed. How in the hell did you two get out? And why is the spring-bonnie suit covered in blood? Oh, right, veronica. She bent down to vee, who was practically shaking in rage. How did it feel? Did it go quickly, or was it slow and painful? She pressed a button on the remote. Come on, tell me.

Vee coughed. G-g-go fuck your-s-sel-f.

She kicked her in the head. Well, you two can just go right back into the closet where you belong. I'm sure you kept that puppet in the box good company.

His radio crackled. I'm gonna kill her.

Mari, I swear, do not. She'll just get you too.

So what? What would we do if we got out? Run forever, live in fear? No. I have been afraid enough. I'm going to go help them, and if I fail, at least we'll be together.

Mari, PLEASE-

The radio went offline.

He didn't bother looking at the cameras. He knew she was done for.

Screaming in anger, he threw the remote against the wall. A fragment of it landed by a small remote and a lighter, with a piece of paper on top of them.

Thanks, Reg. He picked up the paper.

Hey, man. I don't know what you're going to do with that, but I have a guess. I'd start with the pipes if I were you. It was good working with you, man, and I'll see you on the other side. -Reg.

So he knew. He'd guessed from the beginning and he still helped. He laughed. What a friend.

He picked up the lighter.

It's time to set them free.