Chapter Five - Bonnie

That isn't fair.

Bonnie sighed. She already knew the answer, but she responded anyway. What isn't fair, Freya?

You didn't even try and you know it.

I don't even know the guy yet! Seriously! Also, I can't help that I'm not as fast as you. Truthfully, she was, but it didn't matter since she never tried to be.

True.

Or as cynical.

Also true.

Anyway, a deal's a deal. I get to talk to him tonight.

Freya sighed. Fine. But you get one hour. One.

Great! Thanks!

Now, get onstage. The place is about to open.

Time flew by quickly, and before she knew it, Liam had returned to the back office.

As she began walking down the corridor, Freya put a hand on her shoulder. Remember. One hour.

Fiiiiine.

Bonnie walked into his office. Liam was facing the other way, flipping through his cameras. She could tell he was looking for her.

Hello!

He fell out of his chair, landing hard on the floor. How did you get in here so fast? After getting his chair back up, he sat down and closed his eyes.

Bonnie was puzzled by this. What are you doing? Just because you can't see me doesn't mean it works both ways. I can still see you.

He laughed. No, that's not why. If I'm going to die, I'm going to die decently.

Oh. Well, you're in luck!

Why exactly?

Because I'm not in here to kill you, silly. I got the others to let me talk to you.

Liam sighed, then tossed something at her.

Um, thanks. What is this?

I brought a jacket in case I got cold. If you're going to be in here, I need you to wear it.

Why?

Let's just say some aspects of you are... distracting. If I'm going to talk to you, I want to be able to focus.

Bonnie giggled. She knew what he was talking about, but nobody had ever considered that before. She pulled the jacket on.

You can open your eyes now.

He did, slowly. Seeing her with the jacket on, he took a seemingly relieved breath. All right. I'll talk to you. But if you try anything, I've got this thingy. He indicated the taser on his belt. I'd really rather not use it though. You seem less, well, wanting-to-kill-me-y then your friends do.

Bonnie laughed. There was a certain humor to his voice, a cover-up for something she couldn't quite place. I'd also prefer it if you didn't use that. So, can I ask you a question?

That's why you're in here, isn't it?

Well, yes. What made you want to work here?

Liam shrugged. I ran out of milk and had no money to get more.

She could sense that he wasn't telling her the whole truth. Really?

No. But the truth is more... He trailed off.