Chapter Four - Liam

Liam looked at his office clock. 11:50. He had arrived early, as instructed, to find the girls? Attractions? He wasn't quite sure, but Veronica had called them "Animetronics." Sort of a play on words, he supposed. Anyways. He had gotten there to find them on their stage and Veronica leaving for the night. She directed him towards the back office, where he was sitting now.

The phone rang, and he jumped. When he went to pick it up, a message began playing.

Uh, hello? Hello, hello? Oh, hey! It's me, Reg. Just wanted to fill you in on some stuff, man. You brought a tablet, right? Did you download the security feeds? Yeah? Great. You can access the cameras from anywhere in the building, and even a little distance away, but they might get a little staticy no matter where you are. Now. Your job should be pretty easy, man. Just keep an eye on the building, the animetronics, and make sure nobody breaks in or does graffiti. Oh, yeah. If they start moving around, don't freak out, man. They gotta do that at night so they don't stiffen up. Not like they have sleep to fill the hours. Heh, you don't either. Anyway, that said, they can be very... affectionate. Normally that wouldn't be an issue, but our girls are pretty heavy. So if they hugged you too hard, they might accidentally shatter your spine or something, man. So I wouldn't let them into your office. But, good news is, we got some doors! They're industrial grade, and have some serious weight to them. Nothing's gonna break those down. That said, they do have a limited power supply. Before we installed that, the night guards used to just hold the doors shut all night, but all that did was rack up a huge power bill and made Veronica really mad. Like almost scary. I left you a flashlight though, it's on your desk. Rechargeable and stuff, so use that to check the doorways first. If there's anything there, that should stun them long enough for you to shut the door. You don't have to worry about the girls behind the curtains tonight.

He clapped. All right! So, to recap, keep an eye on the place, don't let the girls into your office, and shut the doors only if completely necessary. Gotta save that power. Oh yeah, and there's another thing on your desk next to the flashlight. For intruders and stuff. Stay safe, man. I'll see you tomorrow.

Liam looked on his desk. There was a large, police-issue flashlight on the desk, next to a taser. Why would I need a taser? Oh. Intruders. Right.

He hooked them onto his belt and checked the time. 2:00. Wow, he was talking for a long time. He looked at his cameras.

Now let's see... wait a minute. Where did Bonnie go? He flipped through his feeds, getting more frantic as he realized she wasn't there. He flashed his light on the left doorway.

Ow! Hey! Can you point that someplace else?

Liam quickly flicked the flashlight on and shut the door.

Well, then, he wasn't making a joke. You really are trying to get in here. Sorry to disappoint you.

Why can't I come in?

Preeeeetty sure you'll kill me. Hey, can you not be here? I'd like to save power.

He checked the time. 3:00. Was it just him, or was time going faster than normal? Eh. I'm not going to complain about that. Bonnie had finally left, so he opened the door.

He looked at the cameras. Are they... fighting over something? Weird.

Liam looked around his office. There was a broken arcade console, and a large poster with the girls on it. Something glinted behind the game.

Is that a door?

He tried the handle. Locked. Dang.

In another corner of his room, there was a purple crate. It looked kind of like a present, the way it was painted. The amount of nails holding it shut looked like overkill.

Hello again! Bonnie was back by the doorframe. Without hesitation, Liam walked over and shut the door.

She pouted. Oh, come on! Why can't I come in?

I told you before, I'm pretty sure you or one of your companions will kill me.

Well...

Thought so.

A bell chimed. Liam looked at the clock. 6:00 AM. Looks like my shift's over.

He walked out of the convention, ignoring the girls' eyes following him.