Chapter Two - Bonnie

Bonnie looked at the clock. 11:00. He'd be here soon. She walked over to her friends, who were discussing how long he would last. Chica was supposedly a chicken, although unlike everyone else, she looked nothing like the animal she was based on. In fact, she just looked like a teenage girl who had dye poured all over her. Her fur or feathers or whatever were yellow, and she wore a bib over her chest that read "Let's Eat!" Foxy, on the other hand, was based on a fox and looked the part. She had patchy red fur, matted from neglect. Or maybe that was part of her pirate look. Her hook hand and eye patch definitely were. The weird thing was that the eye under the eye patch worked just fine. Bonnie wasn't sure why she covered it.

I'm betting on two. Most of the guards make it past one.

I'd give the lad three. That's about the average, don't ye think?

Foxy spoke like a pirate too.

If any of you do your job right, he should only last one.

This voice belonged to Freya, the namesake of the restaurant. She was subtly based on a bear, with the ears being the most obvious feature. She was different shades of brown all over, and wore a black top hat with a matching bow on her neck.

Chica put her hands on her hips. That's not fair. One is Bonnie's night, and we can't help it if she's so squeamish.

Bonnie huffed. One, you're supposed to help me. There are no "nights" for each one of us. Second, I am not squeamish! I just believe in the benefit of the doubt!

Ye haven't got the experience to think otherwise.

As much as Bonnie didn't want to admit it, Foxy had a point. She decided to change the subject. Hey, Foxy, is mangle coming out tonight?

No. You know how shy she gets around newcomers. Takes her a few nights to get comfortable. She'll be out by night three.

Bonnie sighed. She agrees with me, you know.

Freya sat down next to her. Neither of you have a reason to think otherwise. It hasn't happened to you. Unless what happened in-

Foxy growled warningly. Chica tapped her on the shoulder and whispered something, and they both walked off.

Freya continued. That year counts, but I don't think it does.

Bonnie huffed. I like this new guard. He seems nice. And when I was talking to him, he was looking at my eyes the whole time. She laughed into her hand. Though I could tell it was hard for him.

You think I'm heartless for killing him without giving him a chance.

No. Not exactly heartless. You just assume too much, and listen too little.

I don't care. I'm not going to let him-

Do what, Freya? I know the risks of it. And as squeamish as I may seem, I can take care of myself.

Freya sighed. One night. We give him one night as a test. If he lives, you can try to talk to him tomorrow. But if he tries ANYTHING, he's dead.

Bonnie sighed back. This was better than nothing. You have an agreement.

I'm glad. Freya stood up and walked to the stage, leaving Bonnie alone with her thoughts.

Whichever direction this goes in, it's certainly going to be an interesting week.

She stood up and went to take her place.