Chapter Ten - Freya

Freya couldn't believe everyone.

Foxy, who had always been on her side about things, was suddenly on the side of "maybe we could keep this one."

Admittedly, Freya had a grudging respect for the guard. He has shown amazing self-restraint, and had helped her friends in numerous ways. His story was interesting as well.

She still didn't trust him.

And it was RIDICULOUSLY INFURIATING that everyone else seemed to.

To make matters worse, Bonnie wasn't doing the teasy I-told-you-so thing she did when they argued and she was right, which meant she was actually upset with Freya. Bonnie rarely got upset over anything, it just wasn't in her nature. So when she was actually mad, it meant a lot.

It also made Freya feel super guilty, which she didn't like.

She was sitting on the stage pondering this when Chica sat down next to her.

Oh, hey.

Hey.

She took a deep breath. I just want to let you know, everyone else may not agree with you, but you're still the leader of the band, and we'll continue to follow you. We'll just... do it under protest.

Freya laughed. Thanks. That's nice to hear.

You're welcome.

Chica?

Yeah?

Did you go and talk to him too?

She looked at the ground guiltily. Yeah.

Freya sighed. Thought so.

Chica shrugged her shoulders. It was about 11:30 on the third night, he was looking in the kitchen. Grumbling about "of all the times to forget my lunch" or something like that. When I offered him something to eat, he bolted.

I think he thought you meant-

Yeah, I got that. Anyways, I grabbed a pizza and started walking down. It was before his shift, so technically I wasn't supposed to go after him yet. After a little bit of the normal haggling, he let me sit outside the door and slide him the box. After he ate it, he asked me if I wanted to hear something funny, and when I said sure, he started going off about the time he tried to hand make pizza.

What happened?

The way he described it, it was going well until his oven imploded.

Freya decided she didn't want to know how that had happened. She got up to get ready. Thanks for cheering me up, Chica.

Freya.

What?

I know it's hardest for you, especially after what happened last time. I know that wound is still fresh. But can you at least give him a chance? For the rest of us.

Chica walked off.

Freya felt her hands clenching into fists and forced them to relax.

No. I can't.

I won't.

I won't let my guard down again.

It doesn't matter how friendly he seems.

I will not let him hurt us.