Chapter Twenty-Three - Liam

Liam was standing at a crossroads.

Well, not a crossroads. More like he woke up in the middle of a street, with two ways he could go.

He looked down at himself. No burns. No cuts. No injuries of any kind.

Where am I? What is this place?

Items were floating around at random, flying about in an erratic fashion, but never going on the path where he stood.

He decided to look down the street.

One side led to a light, the other to darkness. He was walking towards the light when something caught his eye. It was a piece of paper, charred and blackened. The date couldn't be made out, but it was obviously Mangle's handwriting.

It's been a year now since Liam disappeared. Nobody even spoke today, it was terrible. I could almost feel the silence pressing on my skull.

Nobody will tell me what happened. Freya and Chica just shake their heads sadly, Foxy breaks whatever she's holding when his name is mentioned, and Bonnie...

Oh, god, Bonnie. She's definitely getting worse. I don't know what that ... woman did, but it hurt her really badly. She hasn't spoken since he disappeared. I caught her trying to kill herself again yesterday. The look on her face... it was like she really did have no reason for living anymore.

Liam, if you're alive still somewhere, come back to us. I'll wait as long as I have to.

The rest of the page was burnt beyond reading. Shaking his head, he continued toward the light. Suddenly, he heard a voice.

Liam?

Liam, when are you coming back?

Mangle? Is that you?

Liam, you said you wouldn't leave us.

Then more voices came out of the darkness.

Liam? Where are you?

Ye come back now, lad, ye hear?

We can't fight her alone, Liam.

And, so quiet he could barely hear it,

Liam, I'm so sorry.

He balled his hands into fists and looked towards the light.

It would have to wait.

Building his resolve, he walked back towards the darkness.