chapter five

I woke up with a groan. I covered my face with my arm, I wanted to hide away from everyone. The events started spinning around in my mind, all those scenes were making me hate myself.
     "How could I dream that?" I asked myself, closing my eyes. My stomach was doing flips, while my mind was continuously telling me that I had to get my shit together. I had to get over this fucking thing- or crush- or whatever this was.

     My phone buzzed next to me, making me grab it and check it. Kie was facetiming me. I declined the call, making her call me back. I sighed, knowing that if she wanted to talk to me, she wouldn't give up so easily. I picked up, the light from the screen hitting my eyes and making me groan.
     "Okay, so you're up." She smiled at me. I furrowed my eyebrows at her words. I checked the time, realizing that it was still dark outside.
     "What-" I started, but she cut me off.
     "We're all at the Chateau, we want to go on the boat."
     "It's 3.30 am, Kie. Can't you wait until it's light outside?" She laughed.
     "It's about the experience, Y/n. Swimming at night." I rolled my eyes at the way she tried to persuade me.
     "I like the experience of sleeping." I tried to make her leave me alone. "I'll come along another time." She made a face at me.
     "But John B already left to come pick you up." I sighed for the twentieth time in 2 minutes. I said goodbye to her and I got out of bed. I went to my closet, putting on my swimsuit, even though I didn't want to get in the water. All I wanted was to go back to sleep. I put on a large t-shirt and some shorts, going downstairs to wait for him on the porch. I sat on the couch that was facing the street, holding my head up with my hands.

     I stood up as I saw his van approach, getting in the second he stopped the car.
     "Look who decided to wake up." He teased me, laughing at my sour expression.
     "Yeah, I'm sorry I can't ever sleep and when I can you wake me up."
     "Why can't you sleep?" I shrugged, not wanting to tell him my latest problems. "Are you okay?"
     "I'm tired, JB." He nodded. He could tell I didn't want to talk about it, so he didn't comment further.
     "Everyone's already there, we've been waiting for you to wake up."
     "You shouldn't have."
     "Stop it, Y/n." He said lowly. "I don't know what's up with you, but you're not your usual happy self. What happened to the positive Y/n?" He stopped the car, opening the door. We'd already arrived at the Chateau. I shrugged as I also got out of the car.

     We entered his house, seeing everyone sprawled out on the couch.
     "Rise and shine!" Pope exclaimed when he saw me walk through the door. I scowled at him. He laughed at my reaction, standing up to grab his backpack. Kie and JJ followed his lead, as we all went out to the boat. I couldn't see anything around me, so I stood back when they all jumped in.
     "Come on, Y/n." Kie called me.
     "No, I can't see anything." She laughed.
     "That's why it's fun."
     "I feel like I'm gonna drown if I jump in it."
     "We're literally right here." That was Pope.
     "What if I jump on you and you drown?"
     "We all know how to swim." Well, he was right. "And JJ wouldn't let you drown, anyway." His words made me freeze. What was that supposed to mean? Ever since I entered the Chateau, I ignored him. I couldn't look his way even for a second, because my dream would come back in my mind. The way I kissed him and the way he kissed me back. I shook my head, trying to push myself out of my daze.
     "JJ should take care of himself before he takes care of others."
     "That's what you should also do, but I don't say anything about it." My best friend replied.
     "Come on, Y/n." Kie said once again. I stood up, throwing my shirt and shorts on the floor and jumping in.
     "It's so cold! And I can't see anything! Where are you?" My voice was shaking, partly from the cold, but the water has always given me anxiety. Even if it sounded ironic, I'd been living on an island for my whole life, but I still didn't trust it.
     "I'm here." I heard water slush around me, when I suddenly felt his breath on my face. One of his arms went around my waist, while the other kept moving to keep himself up.
     I nodded as I let out another shaky breath. He was so close to me, but I kept my cool, pushing all of the thoughts about him out of my mind.

     We spent the next few hours on the boat, until the Sun started coming up. That's when we went back to the Chateau, took a shower and went to sleep.

Author's Note: I've always wanted to go swimming at night!! What a plow twist with the last chapter becoming a dream!! Hope you enjoyed it!