chapter seven

I've spent the next few thinking about how I felt. I tried to convince myself that I was just craving to feel attraction. I kept repeating the same words in my mind, "He's my best friend. Of course I love him, but just as friends do."
     I sighed, I was so tired of thinking and overthinking this situation. I couldn't tell him about my feelings; it would destroy our friendship.

     I called Kie. I couldn't keep this to myself anymore. I had to tell her everything, so she could help me.
     I met her at the Chateau. I was happy that the boys were out on the boat, doing God knows what.

     "You look like you've seen a ghost." Kie said worriedly.
     "JJ came over a few nights ago." I started, but she nodded knowingly.
     "He had another fight with his dad, didn't he?" It was my turn to nod.
     "I- uh- I cried. He was telling me what happened and I just started crying." My confession made her shake her head.
     "That's not good, Y/n."
     "I know." I sighed. "I have to tell you something, but you have to swear that you won't say this to anyone. Not even Pope." She nodded, letting me continue. "I lo- like JJ." She smiled. "Why are you smiling?"
     "I could tell, you know? It's been on my mind for some time. When did you realize you had feelings for him?" I shrugged.
     "I don't know, it just happened." I exhaled shakily, knowing that I was about to start crying. I was thankful that the boys weren't here, so we could have this talk, but what I didn't know was that JJ was about to walk through the door. He stopped, hearing my words, curious to know what I was talking about. "I wish I could explain his eyes and how the sound of his voice gives me butterflies. How his smile makes my heart skip a beat and how every time I'm with him I feel so complete." I exhaled a shaky breath, relieved that I finally told someone what was on my mind.
     "You should tell him. You never know, he might feel the same way." I scoffed.
     "Yeah and ruin our friendship forever. He just told me how he doesn't believe in love-" Her gasp cut me off.
     "Love?"
     "I- uh- I don't know, okay?" She nodded.
     "I don't think you'd ruin anything. He-" JJ couldn't stand behind the door anymore, so he finally opened it.
     "Wouldn't ruin what?" His heart was beating out of his chest, my confession made him forget how to breathe properly. "It was from the shock of my words", he kept telling himself, trying his best to believe it.
     "I- uh- shit- I gotta go." I stood up, my shoulder brushing past his. I knew he turned around to eat he me leave, but I couldn't face him right now.

Author's Note: This chapter is where it all begins!! I'm so excited for the next ones!! Hope you enjoyed it!! If you have any suggestions, feel free to comment them!! Merry Christmas!!