chapter two

I arrived at the Chateau with JJ after he calmed down to meet our friends. He was the first to enter, holding the door open for me.
     "Finally!" Kie jumped off the couch, going to JJ. You didn't answer any of our calls!"
     "That's why I went to get him." I said, smiling at everyone.
     "It's obvious Y/n has the balls in this group." Pope laughed, causing me to make a face at him.
     "I have the least amount of balls anyone could have."
     "No, that's not true." John B joined our banter.

     We kept talking for a while, until Kie said that we should go out on the boat. Obviously, everyone agreed.

     We were all sitting on the boat. I was looking at JJ, who was deep into conversation with John B and Pope. Kie was on her phone, doing God knows what.  
     I looked at his cuts, wondering if they hurt. I felt my heart get heavier as different thoughts appeared in my mind. I assumed he had some on his body and that was why he didn't take his shirt off.
     "Y/n?" I heard Kie say. I turned my head towards her. She was standing over the fridge where we kept all the beer. "Do you want one?" She asked, holding up a can. I shook my head.
     "Not in the mood, Kie." She furrowed her eyebrows, sighing.
     "You're never in the mood." I rolled my eyes. I saw JJ turn to look at me. The moment our eyes met, I felt my heart start beating out of my chest. What was happening?
     "Okay, maybe I want one." I said quickly, hoping it would help me calm down. Kie grabbed the can and threw it towards me. I stood up quickly, knowing that if I didn't catch it and let it fall into the water, the boys were going to kill me. I couldn't reach it, so I stood on the tip of my toes, slipping on some water that was on the floor and falling into the water. I held the can tightly as I went underwater.
     Meanwhile, JJ stood up, bending to look into the water. He reached to take off his shirt, before Kie stopped him.
     "What are you doing?" He turned to look at her, baffled at her question. "She knows how to swim, JJ." Kie laughed.
     "She's been under for way too long." His brown was furrowed while he kept looking everywhere for me.
     I went under the boat, hiding on the other side. I tried to keep quiet, wanting to see what would happen if they thought I didn't come up. I was looking up at them, watching their faces and reactions. JJ couldn't keep still, desperately wanting to see my head come up for air. He took his shirt off, making me gasp loudly. His ribs were badly bruised.
     They heard my gasp, but JJ was the first one to come to see me.
     He exhaled at the sight of me. I laughed a bit.
     "Did I scare you?" I smirked as I gave them the beer can. JJ held my hand, pulling me on the boat.
     He stepped away from me, looking at me and my wet clothes.
     "You scared me, Y/n." His confession made my heart skip a beat. Why was I feeling like this? I shrugged, trying to keep cool. He pushed the shirt in my hands. "Take this. Your clothes are soaked."
     "Are you sure?" I asked him slowly.
     "Of course. Take it." I did as he said. His smell enveloped my body, once again making me feel weird. My heart was beating out of my chest.

     Once I got back in my car, I exhaled shakily. What was happening to me?

Author's Note: We're slowly getting into the story!! Can't wait!! Hope you enjoyed this chapter!