chapter one

I woke up, immediately checking my phone for messages from my friends.

John 🐝: is JJ with any of you?
Kie: um no
Kie: i thought he was staying at the chateau
John 🐝: he said he was going home
John 🐝: i assumed he went to Y/n after
Me: i didn't even know he went there
Pope: that's because you would've stopped him
Kie: he hasn't opened his messages since last night

     I closed my phone, throwing it on my bed, going to get dressed. I had to check up on him. Knowing his dad, he could've done anything to him. I got into my car, speeding to his house. I opened the front door with a heavy chest, scared of what I was going to find there, but I had to do it.
     I froze when I saw his dad laying on the worn down couch. He opened his eyes just as I passed him, catching my wrist. He stood up, pulling me towards him.
     "Ah, Y/n. My son's whore." I inhaled sharply as his breath hit my nose. He was incredibly drunk and his pupils were dilated.
     "Is JJ here?" He laughed. Calling his name. The door that led to his room opened, showing his face.
     "What are you doing here?" He said lowly. I furrowed my eyebrows, looking at his face. He had a big, bloody cut on his lip and one on his left cheek.
     "I was looking for you." His dad laughed again.
     "She was thinking you probably needed your cock sucked." I closed my eyes at his words. It wasn't anything new, he's always said these kind of things to me.
     "Don't talk about her like that." JJ growled. He moved towards me. At his move, his dad released my hand and powerfully pushed me towards him, making my body knock into his. If he didn't hold me, I would've probably fell on the floor.
     "Come on." He whispered to me, leading me into his room, locking the door after us. "Why are you here?"
     "I was concerned. Obviously." He looked at my face, trying to read my features. His gaze finally fixed on my eyes.
     "I'm okay." I shook my head. I approached him, putting my hand on his jaw. I looked at all the cuts and bruises, sighing. He was quiet for some time, letting me make sure that there was nothing else wrong. As my thumb caressed his cuts, he put his hand on mine, halting my action. I looked up into his eyes. He did something he didn't usually do: he wrapped his arms around my waist, enveloping me in a hug. My arms went around his neck, my fingers brushing through his hair. I felt his body shake against mine as he let out short, quiet breaths. I closed my eyes, letting him take all the comfort he needed.
     "I'm so sorry." He sobbed, whispering his apology. I sighed.
     "There's nothing you should be sorry about, JJ." He pulled away, his red eyes looking directly into my concerned ones.
     "You were concerned about me. You shouldn't care about me, it's only ever going to hurt you." I shook my head at his words.
     "No, JJ. You deserve to be loved." He laughed dryly, shaking his head. "I mean it."

Author's Note: Hi!! So this is my new book!! This first chapter was a bit rough, but we'll get there!! I also have a Rafe book with 34 chapters written at this moment! It's called Right Here Waiting!! Hope you enjoyed this chapter!!