chapter six

I was laying on my bed. I couldn't sleep. Again. I was so used to this feeling, that I just accepted it. I just tried to not think about anything regarding JJ. 
     Just as I finally felt my eyes close, a knock on my window made them open again. I sat up, looking towards it. I smiled sadly as I saw JJ enveloped in the darkness of the night. I got out of bed, going to the window and opening it, letting him in.
     "Sorry for waking you up." He said, closing the window after he entered my room.
     "I couldn't sleep anyway." I shrugged. "What happened, JJ?" It wasn't unusual for him to come to me after his fights with his dad, even if it happened to be night.
     I sat on my bed, gesturing for him to follow my action. We layed on my bed. It was quiet for a while, letting him find the right words.
     "I had another fight with my dad." He sighed.
     "I figured."
     "I had to get some clothes I'd left there. I was hoping he'd be passed out or something, but he woke up. I tried to move quickly, but he came into the room. After he told me that I wasn't going to get anywhere in life. I ignored him until he started getting aggressive-" He paused at my gasp. "He was drunk, so he couldn't even stand up properly." I sighed.
     I tried so hard to keep my tears away. He didn't deserve this. He shouldn't have to go through these terrible things. All these thoughts made me so angry, but sad at the same time. I felt the tears wet my cheek. I tried to keep as quiet as possible, not wanting JJ to find out that I was crying. This was about him and I had to comfort him, not the other way around.
     "I'm sorry, J." I tried to keep my voice low, so he wouldn't hear it tremble. He turned towards me. He sighed.
     "You're crying, aren't you?" I kept quiet. "You know I hate it when you cry. Especially when it's because of me."
     "You don't deserve this. You deserve to be loved. You need to-"
     "You know I don't believe in love. It only exists in movies. Real people don't actually feel this way towards anyone."
     "You know that's not true, J. One day you'll see how it feels to be completely in love with someone, to not be able to think about anything else, to see them and feel like you're going to pass out. To feel their touch burn your skin, to hear their voice and feel butterflies in your stomach-" I cut myself off. I was describing what I felt whenever I was with JJ. He sighed, turning towards me. He wiped my tears away.
     "Thank you." He whispered in my ear.
     "For what?"
     "For always being there for me." I sighed, also turning on my side to face him.
     "Always, JJ."

Author's Note: This chapter is important for what's going to come next!! Hope you enjoyed it!!