Chapter 8 || Kicking Monster Butt in Hogwarts

From when I arrived at Camp Half-Blood, I never understood why the demigods wanted to receive a quest to get themselves killed. Sure, we train ourselves to fight monsters, but I don't get why we need to do the lazy gods' bidding.

Knowing that I can't avoid a prophecy like this, I exit the transfiguration classroom with a silent goodbye to Dumbledore. My face was etched into a scowl as I swiftly walked through the corridors. The cheerful voices and waves of laughter drowned into background noise as I dodged people, wanting to be alone to ponder. I didn't realize Tom and Abraxas were calling out to me until their figures were standing in front of me.

"Wait up, Pear," Abraxas tells me.

Bringing my gaze to him, my frown deepened. "Vivienne," I snapped annoyed. "Call me Vivienne or else . . ."

Tom raised his eyebrow and replied mockingly, "Or else what?"

Growling out furiously, I shoved past them and headed for my Common Room. I could hear their footsteps following me but I paid no heed and continue to practically run to the Gryffindor Tower. I finally arrived at the portrait and mentally groaned when the two Slytherins were stubbornly standing their grounds, causing some curious eyes from the lions.

"What do you guys want?" I demanded tiredly. All I wanted to do now was sit in bed and finish my homework and prepare for dinner. "Because I just want to get back to my dorm and finish my homework."

"After we've been told, your response is to finish your assignment for school?" Abraxas stared at me incredulously.

Shrugging my shoulders, I respond, "What else would I be doing?"

"Trying to find the four relics?" Tom suggested.

"Right." I sighed heavily and decided, "How about we talk about this in the morning, hmm?"

"The last time you said something similar, you avoided us for a couple of days," he remarked, crossing his arms disapprovingly.

A small, sheepish smile graced my lips, catching both of them a surprise. "Alright, I will swear on my mother's torch that led Demeter to the Underworld that I would come to you guys to talk about the matter. Are you happy now?"

They shared a look and reluctantly nodded to me. I smiled from relief and gestured for them to leave Gryffindor's territory. They turned around and headed for the Slytherin's Common Room.

"Unicornis cornu."

The Fat Lady's portrait swung open and I entered the room.

«««««

The bell rang, indicating the start of the break, and as I exited the classroom, I was startled to see Charlotte and Emily standing there, waiting for me. Smiling, I strode towards them.

"What brings you guys here?" I questioned amusedly.

Both of them returned the favour and linked their arms from either side and we walked silently until Emily stated casually, "You're spending quite a lot of time with Malfoy and Riddle."

I didn't exactly freeze from the mention but my eyes sure did widen at the names. "Is that a problem?"

"No, of course not," Charlotte said. "It's just surprising that after the conversation we had, you befriended the two of them."

"We're not friends," I denied hastily. They raised their eyebrows and I rolled my eyes. "I'm telling the truth!" Charlotte and Emily both gave me an unconvinced look and I sighed defeatedly, "I'm going to the Black Lake."

The two of them shot me a questioning look and I explained, "I just need fresh air. See you guys later."

Before they could say something to me, I broke away from their grasp and walked leisurely. Guilt surged through me at the fact that I have told them another lie. Shaking off, I stepped out of the castle and ran towards the lake.