Sequel

Outside under the vast sky, the grasses in the field were lush and the trees were full of deep, green leaves. And in the midst of that, there was an enormous, stone-built castle with tall towers and bridges connecting each other. It was dull compared to the blue horizon and the bright green, yet the ancient feeling of the building drifted through the air like crackling electricity. And inside that, old-looking men with long beards were seated across from each other in an office. One of them, wearing a dull brown robe, silently drank his pumpkin juice, the light-catching his half-moon glasses. The other with the deep, blue robe was staring at an old, worn out, brown hat intently.

He broke the silence, "Professor Dumbledore, are you sure that it is true?"

"I'm certain." Dumbledore was looking outside the window. His eyes were glazed over like cooling glass, the light slowly burning away inside the crystal. "And I'm aware that you also feel this too, Headmaster Dippet."

The older wizard sighed wistfully and ran his hand over his face. "Hogwarts has been holding the barrier so well for centuries with only one relic. How could it fail when we have two relics?"

"We would have to rely on our students to fix this."

"How, Albus?" Headmaster Dippet's face creased. "They are only children. They are not enough for this work."

"Perhaps." Dumbledore paused; the question hung in the air, But what about a demigod?

The headmaster sighed again.

Thunder was heard from far away in the distance. The clouds swarmed around in dark grey and everything seemed to fall under a shadow.

»»»»»

The loud sound of trickling water from the fountain echoed through the dome-shaped place. It was brilliantly bright, light streaming from the stain-glassed roof from above, yet something heavy hung, invisible but very sensible.

"Is it done?" The voice was smooth and feminine. "Is it ready?"

"It is," another woman answered. Her voice was rather rough than the other but still oddly pleasant and alluring, like a sound of heavy rain you hear inside the sanctuary of a cosy house.

"Are you sure?"

The woman scoffed. "Don't you have any faith in me?" A silence followed, but the woman got her answer. "All right," she snapped harshly. "It is undoubtedly done and the other plan is ready. Even our little witch—"

"Sorceress," the silky voice corrected. "You never know if she changes sides, my dear."

She gritted her teeth. "Even our little sorceress can't repair the barrier."

"Then there's nothing to worry about." There was doubt that made the smooth surface of the voice ragged. "We will be ready to strike before our dear Vivienne can even know what is happening."

»»»»»

THE SEQUEL IS FINALLY OUT!!

If you are interested in reading the next quest of Abraxas, Tom, and Vivienne, the story is located in my profile, so check it out if you are willing to read it!

Deepflourishroses