Chapter 13 || Family and Friends in the Holiday

Holidays came rather slowly, but it came anyway. Everyone was jumpy from excitement as the time had finally arrived to stay at their family's house.

Except for Tom and Abraxas.

Don't get me wrong, both of them were happy to meet their parents again, but they do seem anxious to spend time with their family and the 'dinners' they would be having with them and their friends or colleagues. Nevertheless, that's just what I heard from them and some theories from myself.

Anyways, I was more than happy to be spending time with my father and forget about the whole prophecy and quest, but. . .

"Mother and Father invited the two of you to our house."

Abraxas and I snapped our attention towards Tom who was looking at the letter apprehensively. The two of us shared a look and turned towards the raven-haired incredulously.

"What?" we spoke in unison.

He glanced at us casually and sipped his drink from the goblet and before he could open his mouth, I cut him off by seizing the letter from his grip and scanned over the letter because I can't be bothered with him and his fancy-talking.

"Huh," I emit in surprise, handing over the letter to the platinum blonde next to me. "I can't believe it."

"Your parents really did invite us," Abraxas completed, giving the parchment back to Tom after reading it.

Tom retrieved it and shot me an annoyed look. "I'm not surprised that they invited you two, they must really want to meet my new companions."

"I'm guessing you didn't really have any friends," I chirped in while playing with my sausage on the plate. I could feel him glaring at me and I added, "And I'm guessing your parents want to investigate us to see if we suit your standards, which I doubt I will."

That silenced the two of them for a while before Tom asked curiously, "Why?"

"Well, let's see," I said, holding out my hand in front of him. "I got dyslexia and ADHD" —I counted down my fingers— "I am constantly surrounded by danger and I somehow annoy people to their limit and don't forget about the fact that I got kicked out of two schools before."

"You got kicked out of two schools?"

I smiled sheepishly. "And that was before I turned nine," I responded, "that's the downside of being a demigod."

Abraxas questioned, "How is that even possible?"

My lips formed into a small smirk and I opened my mouth to speak but the other boy cut in.

"Anyways," Tom interrupted. "The date is the next week at the start of the Holidays, so write a reply when you have permission to come."

"Got it."

At the time our portion of our plates was gone, the bell rang and we left the Great Hall for our Potion class.

"What do you think about it?" Abraxas said.

"About getting invited to Tom's house?"

"Manor, actually," corrected Tom.

I frowned towards them, a pout on my lower lip. "So does that mean I'm surrounded by two rich brats? How disappointing."

"Is that the only word you got?" he retorted in amusement.

"I do, but if I'm going to meet your parents, I'm sure they wouldn't appreciate the . . . things I will utter from my mouth. But wait, do I have to wear something formal if I visit your place?"