Chapter 15 || A Dangerous Conversation

"Di immortales," I breathed out in shock. Looking between Morfin Gaunt then to Tom Riddle Jr, my mouth hung open and continued to stare at the two in a daze.

"That slut!" Morfin cried out in pure anger, his face fuming a crimson red. "That blasted woman! Took everything from our respected blood-line, married that mud-blood, and brought our family name to the filthy dirt!

Shutting my lips, my face cringed in a disturbance. "Well he got a way with words," I said to myself. Turning towards Abraxas, I see him also unnerved with the ranting of the old and murky man.

"And you! Look at you, a spitting image of that bloody foul mud-blood!"

I glanced towards Tom and noticed his jaw was clenched and his hands tightly balled to a fist, the knuckles turning as white as the pureness of the snow.

Laying a hand to his shoulder, I gave a quick squeeze of reassurance, which caught his attention. His cold yet anger-stricken fierce eyes met my pitch-black ones, daring me to cross paths with him.

"Don't give in," I warned him, shooting him a sharp look before releasing my hold on him.

The tightness of his muscle dissolved and he turned his petrifying gaze towards his wicked uncle. "I wish to speak to you," he said smoothly.

"And why's that?" Morfin said with hostility. "There is nothing to talk to the son of that slut."

A sly smirk stretched across his clean face and his eyes gleamed in a devilish light. "I want to . . . let's say, make a deal with you."

I shivered. Not at the coldness of the air but the frosty chuckle in his voice. "Whatever you're planning, Tom," I whispered to him urgently, not liking the way he is looking at the crazed man, "don't do it."

"Vivienne's right, I don't like the way he's looking at us, Tom. Let's drop whatever you want to do and go back to the manor," Abraxas agreed, looking at him in a begging manner.

"No," Tom said firmly, "didn't you hear what he said about my mother?"

I spun him around so that he was facing me and Abraxas, gripping his shoulders to emphasise my alert. "Yes, I heard. It's cruel, and even though I don't know what happened and I would like to also harm him as much as you do, we should leave him behind and get on with our quest."

He seemed to consider my words carefully, yet I should have known what he is like. Tom shrugged out of my grasp and strolled towards the man with his hands behind his straightened back.

"Do you answer to my request?"

Morfin Gaunt's eyes darted across the trees of the woods, yet a curious look spread to him and nodded grudgingly. "Very well."

A grin appeared on Tom's features and hissed something to his uncle. A serpent-like sound.

«««««

"Why aren't we forcing him to go back to his manor?" Abraxas asked as we walked through the foul and unpleasant house of the Gaunts.

"You know how stubborn he is, besides, what are we supposed to do? Knock him out unconscious and drag him back through the snow?"

"Yes . . . ?"

I slapped my forehead in annoyance. "No!"

He grumbled something under his breath but froze when the raven-haired turned towards us with a disapproving glare.

"You know that I can hear you right?"

"Of course I do," I retorted with a smile of innocence.