𝐕𝐈𝐈

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

07.

┏━━━━━━༻〄༺━━━━━━┓

ʜᴏᴡ ᴍᴀɴʏ ᴍᴏʀᴇ

┗━━━━━━༻〄༺━━━━━━┛

°•. ✧ .•°

"IF SOMEONE DIES, but no one is around, are they still in pain?", Hudson asked. 

"Like the tree?", Josephine questioned back, her fingers twirling a single grass blade.

"What tree?", Hudson asked back.

"You know, the phrase?", Josephine responded, "If a tree falls when no one is around, does it still make a sound?"

"How do you know that?", Hudson furrowed his eyebrows in curiosity.

"I-I don't know, I just do", she answered.

"It's not fair that they let you keep your smart brain", Hudson scoffed, always amused at what the girl had to say.

"Nothing is fair. Welcome to our life", she replied, throwing the grass blade, watching it as it fell and disappeared into the plethora of green.

The following day was torture for everyone, their eyes, red and dry, fluttered in exhaustion as they worked.

Hours after Ben's Banishment, Jo had gone back to the Homestead where Ben used to have been tied up. The cloths that acted as bounds on the boy's skin were thrown onto the floor.

The images ran through Jo's mind, reminding her of the far too familiar sight. She couldn't stop seeing the image of Ben running across the Glade, a smile placed on his bright pink lips, not knowing the end of his fate.

Her chest could barely rise, simply scared of exploding under too much pressure and her throat was filled with fire, burning every time she swallowed.