𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈.

· · ───────༻〄༺─────── · ·

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐖𝐎

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐖𝐎

·𖥸·

ғɪɴᴀʟ ɴɪɢʜᴛ ᴀʟɪᴠᴇ

· · ───────༻〄༺─────── · ·

AN EXPLOSION.

A violent and destructive shattering of familiarity that sent cold chills down Josephine's drenched back.

The seven words forming a single sentence might have made heads turn to the bright screen that played a striking woman, her blonde hair neatly tied up, mirroring her white suit that sparkled as if it were coated with snow, making her seem delicate

Josephine's head, however, did not turn, not daring to meet the image that held the voice that brought a series of pictures in her brain, presenting a story for her. A dark, moving, container with stained windows, then a little girl with red stained eyes, then blonde hair in a bun, then the feeling of a cold hand on her own, all ending with two echoing words, "Beautiful name."

Josephine's film fused out, her vision encountering the screen as it went on speaking to the wounded soldiers who had marched from a forest of green to an office of sparks.

"I'm Director of Operations of the World Catastrophe Killzone Department," the voice, or Dr. Paige continued.

"What a title," commented Minho, who had planted his feet besides the girl, Thomas on her other side.

"If you're watching this, that means you have successfully completed the Maze Trials. I wish I could be there in person to congratulate you," Dr. Paige spoke before a brief pause that was filled by a blaring siren in the background, people standing up, alert to their surroundings.

"But circumstances seem to have prevented it," she continued, "I'm sure by now, you must all be very confused, angry, frightened. I can only assure you that everything that's happened to you, everything we've done to you, it was done for a reason. You won't remember but the Sun has scorched our world."

· · ───────༻〄༺─────── · ·