𝐕𝐈

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

06.

┏━━━━━━༻〄༺━━━━━━┓

ᴀɴᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ᴅᴏᴡɴ, ᴍᴏʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ɢᴏ

┗━━━━━━༻〄༺━━━━━━┛

°•. ✧ .•°

THE AFTERMATH OF the bonfire was met with the same ordinary routine. 

The only thing new was the raven-haired boy's name being called out throughout the Glade. His name spoken by everyone, greeting him by name and hand.

It was an extraordinary feeling really, remembering. It was as though for one small second, you knew who you were and nobody could tell you otherwise.

Jo had awoken early the next day, wanting to ration the new supplies that she had organized yesterday when Thomas had first arrived. As she walked across the green grass, her eyes met Alby's figure, standing in front of a stone wall.

Jo walked up to the boy, quietly standing beside him. "He carved it next to yours", Alby said as he sensed Jo's presence next to him. She looked over Alby's shoulder and saw how the normal stone wall transformed into a symbol created by those of the Glade.

Throughout the cracked wall, the sight of several carved names came to view. You could see how some of the names were less eligible than others, all due to the slight shaking of the hands that carved it. Just as you could see the shaking line that crossed through some of the names.

Jo found Hudson's name placed right next to Minho's and Frypan's, a faint line crossed over his letters. Jo had been the one to cross it out after she stopped hoping that maybe, somewhere out there, Hudson was calling out her name for help. She didn't shake, she didn't tremble, the line that signalized that Hudson was no longer with them was as straight as it could be, yet still faint.

Jo's eyes wondered to her own name, causing her to release a small sigh. As she looked slightly to the left, she viewed the name 'Thomas'. Jo's headspace soon met images of the boy. His dark hair, his moles, his nose. Alby looked over at the girl who was silent and in thought, just as she always is. "You remember when you carved yours?", Alby asked.