𝐈𝐕

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

04.

┏━━━━━━༻〄༺━━━━━━┓

ᴡʀᴏɴɢ ғᴏᴏᴛ

┗━━━━━━༻〄༺━━━━━━┛

°•. ✧ .•°

THE DAY settled back into the dawning routine of silent suffering.

Runners ran, builders built, cookers cooked.

A simple routine that choked the will out of the damned. 

As Josephine organized the new supplies brought up by the box, a deep sigh released from her lips. She had been over this process eleven times and it always made her feel useless.

Flickering over to the window that gave a clear view of the Glade, Jo's eyes met the entrance of the Maze, still as gloomy and hopeless since she first laid eyes on it.

Tired figures made their way into the Glade as they left the walls behind, all panting and sweating after another day inside the horror of the patterned place. They all parted ways, not saying a single word, silence roaming through the exhausted boys.

Jo finished putting the last supplies into a basket, storing it into the isolated room that held every item sent. She made her way to the bucket of water that was placed in the corner of the cabin, filling a small cup to the brim for her friend, Minho. However, as Jo was about to head towards Minho, another boy suddenly blocked her view.

The new Greenie had taken it upon himself to start walking towards the tall walls, a reasoning yet conflicted Chuck trailing shortly behind him. Jo was going to ignore the curious boy, drink still in hand, the watering forming the smallest of waves as her body moved with each step placed, until she realized that he wasn't stopping. Chuck glanced at the girl, his eyes asking for help.

"Hey!", she yelled loudly at the Greenie, causing several Gladers near her to look over to her direction. They followed her gaze, meeting the boy as well, murmurs soon drifting through the soft wind.