𝐈

01

01.

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

THERE ARE MANY ways to tell a story. Hand movements enchant you to open your ears further into the sway of fingers. The pitch of the voice controls whether eyebrows raise or lips stretch.

However, in those intriguing distractions, words are the foundation for the creation of a world.

Or for the reminder of one.

One. Two. Three. Four walls stood tall as they surrounded a floor and ceiling. The small structure formed a room. A room covered in several small holes, all perfectly placed in a designed pattern. 

And within this pattern, within the small holes, the room was no more, instead a box.

A box that raced upwards.

Pure movement was the only notion in view, clouding the subtle lights that would appear every half a second.

Shrieking sounds bounced off from every single direction, creating a tragedy of a melody.

Streaks of bland colors decorated the motion, leaving nothing but a haze to be seen.

Still, beyond the movement, beyond the haze, laid a figure. Their body stayed spread out, soundly sleeping amongst the chaos that entrapped them.

They mimicked a doll, a doll that had been tossed, left to themselves in a world where no doll should be. And with a blaring howl tearing through their ears, the doll finally moved.

A girl.

Her eyes fluttered, creases meeting the corners. A small groan escaped her lips, her chest rising and falling as her heavy breaths became noticed.

It took every fiber in her body to get up from the floor that froze her blood. Her muscles ached with every move her bones allowed.

She placed her back on the nearest wall, letting it support her weight as her dry skin cracked.

Her right hand met the side of her head before it settled on the middle of her chest, tightening the fabric that covered her skin. Her breaths continued to pant as her shoulders shuddered, the hair on the back of her neck standing at the electricity running through her.

She felt like exploding.

"Stop! Stop! ", her dry voice yelled out, yet the screams couldn't be heard as the roars of the room would only yell back.

Everything was a blur, a blur of sheer twilight.

Her hands, trembling, wrapped the sides of her head as the pressure began to drown out the cries that the room continued to scream out. Her mind was in pieces as she let the sounds dance around the emptiness that slowly started to consume her brain.