Chapter 21

A/N: Like I said... I'm so sorry for taking so long to update! I'll be working on creating a schedule for myself. Anyways, bouncing back to Hawks and Friends.

"Whoops..." Toga slid down to the floor, catching Kyoko in just enough time to keep the kid from banging her head on the concrete floor. "I guess she's not a fan of blood." She smiled coldly, a crestfallen glint in her eyes. Dabi slipped over and past the two of them, visibly eager to be anywhere but by Keigo at the moment. He had spent the past half hour or so watching his boyfriend slowly break the bones in some poor woman's body. Her muffled screams still echoed around in his head, which was unusual for the serial arsonist considering. He was lost in his thoughts and quickly ascended the stairs, disappearing down the hall. Twice scooped Kyoko into his arms. "She'll be alright Bunto. I got her. Go talk to Hawks." Twice smiled, staring at Kyoko worriedly as he shooed Toga away towards the red winged figure staring blankly at the body at his feet. Keigo's head swiveled towards the stairs as Toga moved closer, anxiety scribbled on his face as he looked past her towards where Dabi had quickly exited. "Don't worry." She smiled, patting his back gently. "He just needs a minute. It's a lot to take in." Hawks smiled grimly, uncertainty in his eyes. He turned to look at Twice, suddenly seeing the unconscious Kyoko in his arms. "Kid..." Hawks strode towards her. "She's fine. Toga got some blood on her and she passed out. She'll wake up soon." Twice reassured him. He looked Toga up and down before continuing. "You should wash up before she wakes up. I'll go put her in your room." Toga walked forward, slight concern on her face. "She won't run away when she wakes up will she?" She whispered to Hawks as Twice carefully headed back upstairs, watching to make sure he didn't bang the girl's head on the banister. "She shouldn't. It's not like she'll have anywhere to go. Her hotel room was completely empty. Anyways, I need to take a shower. I got blood on my feathers." Hawks muttered as he headed upstairs, leaving Toga alone with her thoughts and the mangled body. I know I shouldn't be this worried. Twice and Hawks are probably right. Toga shook her head as she headed up the stairs, heading into her room where Kyoko lay unconscious on her bed, curled up around a body pillow lazily placed by, who Toga could only assume was, Twice. Toga quickly peeled off her clothes, slipping into a T-Shirt and shorts before sitting next to the sleeping child. She sat there and watched Kyoko's chest rise and fall until she heard the shower turn off and Hawks knocked on her door. "We should get her hair cleaned up." Toga sighed as she picked the child up, carrying her past Keigo and into the bathroom, where she placed Kyoko in the bathtub. Kyoko groaned, her eyes fluttering open. "D-dad... don't g-go... I d-didn't m-m-m..." Kyoko drifted back to sleep, her eyes closing again. "You're okay. I need to wash your hair." Toga cooed as she grabbed a sponge from the sink, turning on the faucet and soaking it before plopping it down gently on the girl's head. Kyoko jolted awake, looking around with a panicked expression until her eyes settled on Toga. She relaxed as recognition filled her eyes. "What's going on?" Kyoko whispered, her throat raspy. "I'm washing your hair. You got blood in it." Toga responded quietly, gently scrubbing Kyoko's hair as blood trickled down. The two sat in silence as Toga scrubbed, an occasional purr escaping Kyoko's lips. After about half an hour, Toga plopped the sponge into the sink, and helped Kyoko up, leading her out of the bathroom and into her room. "I need to wash my clothes." Toga smiled comfortingly, grabbing the bloody clothes at the foot of the bed before Kyoko could see them. "If you need anything, I'm in the bathroom, Keigo is probably with Dabi and stealing his clothes, and Twice is with Kurogiri at the bar, okay?" Kyoko nodded as Toga left, heading back to the bathroom to scrub at her clothes. She stared at the blood as it went down the drain, lost in thought. She jerked as a knock on the door interrupted her. It was Keigo. "I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say you're gonna wanna to talk to the kid when you're done?" He raised a brow and smirked. Toga nodded, turning back to her clothes and continuing to scrub. "Yeah, I have some questions for her. You wanna be there?" She turned back to the bird man, grinning as he nodded slowly. "Good. 'Cause I didn't wanna do this alone." Toga hummed with satisfaction as she looked her shirt up and down, no longer seeing any hint of blood. She hung it over the shower curtain, drying her hands before walking past Keigo to her room. She knocked and waited for Kyoko to respond, before opening the door. The two stepped in.