Chapter 18

~back to the present... where... you know... the present happens...~

Kyoko looked around. Her hands were firmly clasped over her ears, and dull pain bounced up and down her legs. The bar she was in looked cozy, and there wasn't anyone in the room except for some purple dude with yellow eyes and a weirdo in a grey jumpsuit. "You're awake." The jumpsuit weirdo smiled and skipped towards her. She flinched as he stopped right in front of her. He stuck out his hand. "I'm Twice. Who're you kiddo?" Kyoko relaxed and removed her hands from her ears for a moment. Her throat hurt so speaking wasn't an option. She pointed to her mouth and shook her head. "Can't speak? Alright." Twice patted her head and smiled. "Lemme get you some paper. Introductions are a must!!" He grabbed some paper from behind the bar and snatched the pen from the hand of the purple dude. "Here ya go. What's ya name?" Kyoko hesitated, then quickly scribbled her name down. Twice smiled again. "Well Kyoko, it's good to meet you. Lovely name by the way." Kyoko smiled weakly. "My name's Jin, but you can call me Twice. So!" Twice plopped down on the couch next to her. "Why would Toga be so determined to keep you around..." Twice looked at the purple dude. "Shigaraki!!" He was met with what looked like a glare. "What?" "Why does Toga like little kids so much?" Shigaraki paused. "Why not ask her?" Twice pursed his lips, then winked at Kyoko. "Cause I don't wanna." He was met with another glare. "Then fuck off." He went back to cleaning the glasses and arranging the alcohol. "Language!" Twice laughed and turned back to the girl in front of him, who had put her hands back over her ears. "Wonder what they're doin' down there..." Twice smiled and leaned close to Kyoko's face. "Wanna find out?" Kyoko froze and fear churned in her stomach for a moment and she felt something rise. She swallowed hard. She slowly nodded. Twice smiled even wider. "Great!! Cause I did too but didn't wanna go down there myself. Let's go!!!" He stood and pumped a fist in the air. Kyoko let out a short giggle. Twice smiled and grabbed her hand, half dragging her to the basement. Kyoko heard a faint sound come from the bottom of the stairs, and started to slow down. Twice stopped. "Something wrong kiddo?" Kyoko moved closer to him and he smiled down at her in slight discomfort, only to then nod, turn, and continue moving. Soon enough, they were at the doorway outside of where Toga, Hawks, and Dabi were. "Knock knock!!" Twice said as he tapped the doorframe (there's no door, so yes, I meant doorframe) a few times. Toga turned to look at him, flashing her teeth and a giant smile. She stopped as she laid eyes on Kyoko, who stood there with her hands clamped over her ears. She walked over to them. "Well I'm glad you did as I asked kiddo." Toga smiled and patted Kyoko's head. Her hand was warm and sticky. "You can uncover your ears." Kyoko slowly lowered her hands and raised them to the top of her head, where Toga had touched. There was something sticky in her hair. She moved her hands away. "Oops. Got some blood on ya." Toga chirped. Kyoko's eyes widened as the memories of her father's death flooded her head. She lost her balance and slumped to the ground, where she threw up everything she'd been trying to keep down for most of the day. "I- I'm sorry..." she choked out before fading out entirely and blacking out...