Chapter 3

"W-WHAT!!! WHY DO YOU WANT ME OF ALL P-PEOPLE TO DO THIS!!!" Hawks yelped in anger. All Might looked irritated and his voice didn't hide anything. "You are best fit for this job. That's why. What's the problem?" Hawks paused, not sure if he should feel astonished or continue to let his irritation bloom into anger. "How about because I'm the #2 hero and everyone knows who I am!?! Or maybe because asking me to spy on villains but not knowing their whereabouts is completely idiotic!?! Am I missing something!?!" Hawks retorted, staring at All Might. The other top 10 heroes in the room stared back at him in bewilderment. Hawks didn't raise his voice. Ever. He was known as quite nonchalant and if he even showed the slightest hint of hesitation, it was serious. But now, he was fuming and his voice was slowly rising. I wish Touya was here. He'd help me... Feeling build up in his throat, Hawks quickly turned and strode out of the room. He barely made it to the bathroom before collapsing in front of the toilet and emptying his throat of more petals. More blood was there this time and Hawks felt a bit woozy. I didn't get enough sleep for this. He shook his head, washed the blood off his mouth and chin, and returned to the meeting room, where he was met with concerned faces. "What the hell was that about asshole?" Endeavor grunted from the corner. Hawks, ignoring him, turned to All Might. "Why me?" Hawks said flatly. "Like I said yo-" Before All Might could continue, Hawks snapped. "DONT GIVE ME THAT CRAP ON ME BEING FIT FOR THE JOB!!! YOU KNOW IM ONE OF THE WORST POSSIBLE PEOPLE TO CHOOSE SO WHY THE FUCK DID YOU ASK ME TO DO THIS!!!!?" Hawks exploded, his wings spreading to their full length. Dead silence consumed the room and All Might's smile faded. He sighed. "We found information on where their possible hideout is and that your close friend might be related to them in some way. I was hesitant to tell you because I assumed it would get in the way of your mission." Hawks eyes widened. How did All Might know about... He took a step back and felt petals build up in his throat again. They forced their way up and out and he didn't have time to get out of the room. He doubled over and hacked up more and more petals. They were starting to take on a shade of purple as blood mixed with them and soaked in. It's gotten drastically worse. Why... Over his coughing, Hawks could hear his colleagues gasp at the petals and blood. Tears began to stream down his face from the pain and his body shook violently. Finally, the pain subsided and the coughs turned into wheezing and gasps for breath. Everything was replaced with exhaustion and nausea and he curled into a ball. The last thing he saw was Miruko quickly bounce to him. "I got you hon." She whispered soothingly. "I got you. Don't worry. I-" Everything swirled to black.