005: I'm A Puppet On Your String.

〚 ♥〴 〛

〚 ♥〴 〛

tw: panic attack.

THE STIRRING OF HER HAZELNUT COFFEE WAS SO LOUD THAT SHE COULD'VE WOKEN LONDON. it was currently 4:27am, and her insomnia wasn't of any help to her mental health. she was peacefully sleeping from 9pm to about 4am before she was awoken- and quite rudely too- to the springs of her upstairs neighbors bouncing up and down at a utterly surprising pace.

she gets that people thrive on pleasure but;

"can't they do it more quietly," she thought, while she got up from her chair to go to the bathroom.

she was looking down whilst walking, and noticed that her toenails needed some pampering. clem's wanted to paint her nails a opaque black for a while, and now: she has time.

so with that, she made a detour and trudged towards the nail polish cabinet, with her hair sticking up in every direction. as she was turning the corner, sage appeared out of absolutely nowhere; and scared the shit out of clem, making her jump out her skin.

"sage, what the hell?! you scared me so fucking bad- holy shit," clementine exclaimed, while dramatically heaving with a hand to her chest.

"oh hey clementine- what a fine night, right?" sage managed to squeak out measly and sheepishly.

"it's 4:30 am," she deadpanned.

"oh right."

"what the hell are you doing up?" clem asked sage accusingly while narrowing her eyes.

"me? what about you?" she challenged.

"getting nail polish to- y'know, paint my nails," she said in a tone that basically said: "duh."

"yeah alright,  i don't believe you but, if you must know what i'm doing, i'm just getting water."

clem wasn't convinced by sage's statement, but if we're candid, she couldn't care less what her roommate was doing. as long as it doesn't raise their rent, then she's fine.

so with a last straightened gaze towards her curly-headed friend, and two fingers pointing at her eyes- then to sage- while mouthing "i'm watching you", she then finished her walk to the bathroom that was interrupted by her- odd best friend.

finally in the washroom, she opened the cabinet and rummaged through it to find her essie-black nail polish, and the clear top coat to make sure it doesn't chip off.

while she was searching for the cosmetics, she saw -from the corner of her eye- a color called "midnight blue" and her heart instantly dropped. she felt sick.

feverishly placing her hand on the beige wall looking for any stability, she was desperate. but there was nothing.

the memories of her ex-boyfriend being the nicest man in her life flashed through her head. to be specific, the memory of him gently painting her nails "midnight blue." the memories of him progressively becoming more and more controlling, not allowing her to hang out with her male friends, saying that she would cheat on him if she did. he was supposed to trust her, that's what you need in a relationship. trust.