008: Simple And Never Asked For More.

〚 ♥〴 〛

KARL JUST WANTED TO GO TO FUCKING SLEEP. he was forced by chris, of the mr. beast team, to stay up late into the starry night just so that they can film for the new mr. beast video, when he only had a small part in it.

"im going to stab myself if i have to stay here much longer." karl groaned out whilst sinking into the cold, hard, and uncomfortable metal chair.

"no you won't, but only a few more minutes man, and then you can go home." jimmy assured making karl light up at the thought of his warm and comfy bed.

they were filming a video in which everyone had to try and steal a sham diamond for an absurd amount of money. karl would've participated but the boy was honestly just exhausted. and no, not the exhaustion in which you can fix with an extra long nap.

it's the exhaustion in which it makes him put a minor amount of effort into everything because he just can't seem to be at his best. the days grow longer as he lays awake, infused into his own thoughts, cursing his own name while trying to fight the battleships that rock the mundane waves in his head. he just can't fix it, he's talked to chris about it, hoping that the wise and married man would be able to help. but it ended with karl explaining everything, crying, and then chris awkwardly patting his back because he didn't know what to do either.

karl just wanted that breath of fresh relief, being free from the mental cages that he puts himself into. but he didn't know how, and it seemed like no one in his precious life knew either. he tried online blogs and they always told him to rant to someone trusted. but the thing about ranting is that you can try and let out all the built up steam from the problems in your life but even then, they'll still stay in his weak body, leaving him rubbing his temples from a year long migraine and innocent eyes dripping sorrow tears. 

these thoughts were brought into real life and made karl get up from the edged chair, ignoring his friends calls and walking to the garage so that he can drive to his safe home.

•••

laying back in the fake leather car seat, karl was finished with his drive home but stayed in the car for no particular reason, just not wanting to go inside. he rubbed his eyes out of his drowsy state. where he has permanent, deep, and dark under-eye bags. he turned up the radio hoping that the tune playing through the shitty stereo would cheer him up.

"midnight,
you come and pick me up, no headlights.
long drive, could end in burning flames or paradise"

"oh god." thought karl, the last time he heard this song was on the radio in 2015. looks like they were playing throw backs at the moment.

"you got that james dean daydream look in your eye,
and i got that red lip, classic, thing that you like.
and when we go crashing down, we come back every time"

the memories of him and his dad, (when he wasn't a piece of shit), came rushing back. the ones of when little karl would get dropped off at the dirt covered field- there was no toys there but karl was fine with that. he was simple and never asked for more.

'"cause we never go out of style, we never go out of style"

happy memories came smacking him in the face, making him paint a small smile on his pink lips. the euphoria grounding into his body forming the happiness that was now flowing throughout, him now forgetting about the old feelings of numbness.

"you've got that long hair slick back, white t-shirt"

running a hand through his fluffy brown hair, still sitting in the seat but was now sitting straight up and bopping his head to the beat of the song.

"and I got that good girl faith and a tight little skirt
and when we go crashing down, we come back every time.
'cause we never go out of style, we never go out of style"

now humming to the catchy song lyrics, he grabbed his phone to document this moment of raw happiness.

"hi twitter! i'm in my car singing to style by taylor swift, what about you?"

ending and posting the video, the song started to fade out and karl was in uncomfortable silence again. not wanting to be in this soundless car anymore, he jumped out and walked over to his apartment, ready to take on the rest of the day.

NOT THE PLAN𓂂 ˚ 𓂂 ₒ ° ₒ 𓂂 ˚˖⋆and the author speaks <3

NOT THE PLAN
𓂂 ˚ 𓂂 ₒ ° ₒ 𓂂 ˚˖
and the author speaks <3

HI! sorry that i was gone for 2 days and that this chap was short, some shit went on but we're good now

HI! sorry that i was gone for 2 days and that this chap was short, some shit went on but we're good now. anyways, the song in the chap is style by t swizzle and ITS SO GOOD WTF. i remember it being good in 2014/15 but now it just hits different.
AND i forget to mention that there is no covid in this book. i'm too lazy to write that in and i don't want covid to be the whole plot of the book so it's not in here. i appreciate the comments as votes that i get, they mean a lot <3
MAYBE ILL POST AND CHAPTER TN MAYBE NOT IDK GOODBYE

      - elle <3