²³𝙋𝙇𝘼𝙉𝙏 𝙋𝘼𝙍𝙀𝙉𝙏𝙎

〚 ♥〴 〛

〚 ♥〴 〛

THE DAY STARTED NOT LONG AGO AND CLEMENTINE WAS ALREADY BORED. she had virtually nothing to do and nothing that she wanted to do. she had a job that she practically forgot about but she can afford to put the work off.

she was sitting on the sleek kitchen counter, munching on a bland cracker, staring into the open. clementine put her lips to the side in a thinking face before her eyes ventured to the plant that she has. or had is probably a better word. it was a snake plant, and was fairly easy to take care of, but the green arms of it were limping off to the sides.

she was never good with taking care of things— whether it be herself or other living things. but the thought of tending to a plant and becoming a plant mother always excited her.

so now that her plant child was dead, it hit her soul hard. clem lightly jumped off the counter, her feet landing with a thump and her face having a sad pout.

"oh no, my poor baby." she cooed towards the deceased plant.

clementine cautiously ran her painted hands over the floral's limp arms, careful to not harm the plant more.

clem's arms fell at her sides, now drained since her figurative child was dead. she was about to leave her problems and take a nap when the vibrations of her phone was felt through her pocket.

she was ready to decline the call and walk to her room but the person who was calling was one that she would never decline.

"hi karl," she said once she picked up the call, not giving the boy on the other side of the call enough time to say his greeting first.

"hey clem! i was calling because- urm, why was i calling again?" he thought out loud in a hushed voice causing clementine to let out a loud laugh.

"why are you asking me?" she sputtered out in between her quiet laughs.

rustling and a few low curses could be heard on the other side of the call from karl before a high pitched squeak from his chair was also heard, "okay i remember now, so i was calling because my keychain broke and i don't know how to fix it..." he trailed off near the end of his sentence, getting embarrassed at the fact.

a small chuckle bubbled up in clementine but she tried, and successfully kept it in her throat. she didn't want him hearing and think that she was laughing at him.

"okay well, do you want me to come to your apartment to fix it or..?" she asked.

karl rubbed the back of his neck in a state of feeling self-conscious in his words. "yeah that would be nice, i also just wanna spend some time with you- only if that's okay with you of course!"

a bright smile that could lighten up the darkest of rooms appeared on clementine's face. "yeah no- that's totally okay with me!"

karl slowly nodded his head, still as awkward as ever even with knowing her for over two months. "all alright, do you wanna come over here or-"