xiii

A/N: Update because it's Harry's birthday! Happy birthday to one of the most amazing lads who inspires millions of people around the world. 

And thank you so much for making this story rank at Fan Fiction #585! It's insane, I love you all!

● ● ●

[Holmes Chapel, Cheshire, Styles’ Old Home || November 15, 2014, 7:18 am, ‘Welcome Home’]

(LOUIS slowly wakes up, still with his eyes closed. He then hears a few whispers somewhere around him, beside him, unsure where and from whom they’re coming from. The whispers continue, LOUIS slowly begins to understand, but decides to have his eyes still closed, tries to listen to what they’re saying.)

GIRL: (whispers) “I can’t believe it’s Louis Tomlinson! He’s so cute.”

BOY: “Yeah, he is, and he’s awesome! We’ve played football before, but I don’t think he remembers me.”

GIRL: “He’s from One Direction, and I’m in front of him, I want to hug him. Can I?”

BOY: “No, he’s sleeping. Auntie Anne might get mad.”

GIRL: “But I want to hug him, he’s famous and I have a crush on him.”

BOY: “Ew, Uncle Louis is too old for you.”

GIRL: “I can be his pretty little princess.”

BOY: “You’re not even pretty.”

GIRL: (irritated) “You’re so mean to me.”

ANNE: (calls out) “London, Matty, what are you doing there?”

MATTY: “London has a boyfriend, Auntie Anne!”

LONDON: (arms crossed, grumpy) “I do not.”

MATTY: “She wants to kiss Uncle Lou!”

(LOUIS groans and finally moves, the two kids look at each other, and then run past ANNE, who’s about to enter the room, laundry on her hand.)

ANNE: “What’s going on here?”

MATTY: (shouts, childish panic) “Uncle Louis is alive!”

ANNE: (laughs) “Silly kids.” (walks in, smiles at LOUIS) “Sorry if they woke you up.”

LOUIS: (immediately sits up, flustered) “Oh God, I’m so sorry.”

ANNE: (puts down her laundry) “Why are you apologizing?”

LOUIS: “I … I fell asleep here, without even knowing it.”

ANNE: “You know that this is your second home, Louis.”

LOUIS: (smiles) “Thanks, ma’am.”

ANNE: “Ma’am? That’s just too formal.”

LOUIS: “Then, um, Auntie Anne would do.”

ANNE: “That sounds pretty old for me. Just Anne, remember?”