unspoken

● ● ●

"How can something that once felt so right for a while began feeling so wrong for a lifetime?"

I read that question somewhere on pages where people would share their thoughts and purple prose at three AM. I admire how they're willing to write down their feelings and be the liberated voices of others who are too afraid to tell their saddest love stories.

Saddest stories like mine.

"How can something that once felt so right for a while began feeling so wrong for a lifetime?"

It didn't feel so right only once. It always felt so right to be with you.

But, in one glimpse, everything just shattered and it felt so wrong to be with you.

So wrong, that we didn't even choose to let each other go.

But, it was good while it lasted, right?

We let ourselves drown in the moments of somewhat endless joy with each other's company, hoping that nothing can separate us just how our fans would want to see it.

But, maybe we were blinded. We failed to see that everything was impermanent. You felt that you failed me and yourself, but it was the other way.

I failed you.

Here I am now by the window, watching how the night changes and how it embraces the stars, knowing that they would leave me soon. I wonder why it goes like that. "Why does the night leave the day alone with the stars at the very beginning and the day falls for the night at the very end?" It hurts to know that they never get the chance to meet at the same time, every day.

An infinite, sad love story.

Just like ours.

I'm crying right now.

It hurts so much.

It hurts to let you go.

It hurts to let go when we don't want to . . .

But we know that we have to.