xi

A/N: I would love to hear your thoughts about this chapter. Thank you to those who recommended songs for this story. :)

• • •

[Holmes Chapel, Cheshire || November 14, 2014, 6:12 pm, ‘That Final Moment’]

(Holmes Chapel, nightfall. The evening wind hums around them, the Christmas lights swaying with the trees. HARRY’S heart keeps beating fast, with LOUIS beside him, the lad’s head still on his shoulder.)

HARRY: “Lou, you okay?”

LOUIS: (mumbles) “Yeah.”

HARRY: “You’ve been there for a while.”

LOUIS: (dazed) “For … for how long?”

HARRY: “Couple of minutes.”

LOUIS: “I’m sorry, Harry. Do you want me to—”

HARRY: “No, no. You can stay there as long as you want.”

LOUIS: “You sure?”

HARRY: “Yeah.”

(silence)

LOUIS: “Can I ask you something?”

HARRY: “Sure.”

LOUIS: “Can you sing Night Changes?”

HARRY: “That’s so random, Tomlinson.”

LOUIS: “Come on. Need to hear your voice. My favorite of all the choruses you sing.”

HARRY: “Really?”

LOUIS: “Really. Now … can you sing it for me?”

HARRY: “Not until you sing No Control, first.”

LOUIS: “Harry, not now. I don’t sing when I’m buzzed.” (looks up, puppy-faced)Please?”

HARRY: (smiles) “If you say so.” (breathes deeply) Everything that you’ve ever dreamed of, disappearing when you wake up. But there’s nothing to be afraid of, even when the night … changes. It will never change … me and you.

LOUIS: “I like two more of ‘never change’, please.”

HARRY: “Oh, come on.”

LOUIS: “Please?”

HARRY: “It will never change, baby. It will never change … baby. It will never change … me and …” (pokes LOUIS’ arm) “you.”

LOUIS: “Best voice ever.”

HARRY: “Thanks. Yours is the best, though.”

LOUIS: (moves even closer) “No … your shoulder’s the best.”

HARRY: “Best for?”

LOUIS: “For people like me.”

HARRY: “You’re not making any sense.”