Domestic Bliss-Part II

Taehyung wakes up alone in his bed, which probably means Jimin's had either Hoseok or Jin over the night before. Considering the strong smell of bacon and coffee emanating from the kitchen downstairs, Taehyung is not surprised to find Jin behind the stove when he finally gets himself out of bed.

It's a nice thing about Jin that he always cooks breakfast for everyone in the house when he happens to stay the night.

Jungkook is sitting at the counter, silently digging into a giant plate of breakfast goodies, already dressed and ready to go to his Wednesday morning class. Taehyung sends him a "Good morning, dude," that's answered with a short nod and a grunt.

"You're here a lot lately," Taehyung says to Jin, bypassing him to access the fridge.

"Yah!" Jin exclaims, threatening Taehyung with a spatula. "Stop complaining, or I won't save you any bacon."

"Hey, I never said I minded," Taehyung says once he reemerges from the fridge, a bottle of orange juice in one hand, arms raised innocently. "I'm just saying."

"You should be more grateful, Kim Taehyung, that I'm keeping my sex noise to a minimum so that you can sleep like the little baby that you are. I normally raise hell when I'm being fucked half as good as I was last night."

Taehyung would've snorted into his glass of orange juice if he hadn't been distracted by Jungkook choking on a bite of toast. He shrugs it off as Jungkook being startled by Jin's TMI tendencies. After all, the guy has no filter whatsoever.

Because Taehyung has learned to enjoy the teasing back and forth with Jin, he replies, "I think you underestimate how much of a heavy sleeper I am, man. You'd be fucking right next to me, and I probably wouldn't budge. Trust me. It has happened before."

"Wow. That's..." Jin stops stirring the scrambled eggs to stare into the distance for a second. "That's not all that surprising actually. But, still. The stuff I'm into would definitely wake you up."

Taehyung takes a seat at the counter next to Jungkook and shrugs. "I doubt you could traumatize me."

"Whatever, I just want to protect your delicate ace ears. Be grateful."

Ace. It's not the first time Jin has used the label to describe Taehyung—always in an affectionate way—but Taehyung's never been big on using labels. It does nothing for him. Sure, he admits that some of his preferences could easily fall under the realm of asexuality. Maybe demisexual would fit him better if he had to pick. He's never thought about it much. He wonders if Jin just drew his own conclusions or if it comes from a conversation he had with Jimin. Taehyung guesses they'll need to address it seriously at some point. Maybe.

"Taehyung's not asexual," Jungkook butts in all of a sudden. "And, you," he points Jin with his fork, "...are loud. So loud."

"Oh, you would know," Jin replies, all predatory-like and intense, and Taehyung doesn't miss the delighted expression appearing on his face as Jungkook starts squirming in his seat. Taehyung's not the only one being teased this morning, it would seem. Fair enough, Jungkook's fun to tease.

Before anyone can add anything else to their weird morning banter, Jimin strolls in the kitchen half-naked and freshly showered, rubbing the excess water aggressively off his hair with a towel.

He throws a noncommittal grunt, probably meant as a good morning to the people present, and goes directly for the coffee machine. When he turns around, the towel now around his neck and coffee clutched in both hands, he startles. "Jin?"

"Well, hello there, beautiful," Jin says, leaning on the kitchen counter with a smug smile.

It takes approximately three seconds for Taehyung's brain to come up with a logical explanation as to why Jimin is surprised by Jin's presence in the house. He raises both eyebrows. "If you didn't sleep with Jimin last night... Then—"

"I gotta go," Jungkook says, suddenly getting up with the bar stool grating loudly on the floor.

The three of them watch him stumble to retrieve his backpack, abandoning his half-full plate on the counter and practically running in his hurry to get out the door, with different levels of disbelief written all over their faces.

Jimin bursts out laughing then. "T-This is awesome," he says between two giggles, clutching his sides. "You found a way to get his attention after all."

"You slept with Jungkook," Taehyung states, trying to come to terms with the information. How?

It's curious to Taehyung because, in the four years they've been roommates, Jungkook has never shown any particular interest in anyone. Taehyung knows he has other gamer friends somewhere, but otherwise always been a bit of a recluse.

"How?" He ends up asking dumbly.

Jimin shrugs. "I introduced Jungkook to Jin two weeks ago. Jungkook was looking for a part-time job, and I knew Jin was hiring."

"But... how?" Taehyung asks again, because, of all the people they know, belligerent filterless Jin is the furthest from what Taehyung would've pegged Jungkook to be into.

"With a lot of lube, dear," Jin answers, and Taehyung guesses he had it coming. "He's got one of those dick."

Jimin giggles again. "I'm happy for you, babe."

"Isn't he dreamy?" Jin sighs, lost somewhere in his head. "Haven't been properly roughed up like that in ages," he adds, to absolutely no one's request. "Spanked me just on the good side of painful. I swear, my ass is still so red right now."

"Oh, Jinnie," Jimin coos, ruffling Jin's hair lovingly. "Your masochist is showing."

And, for the first time since Taehyung has known him, Jin seems to express some form of bashfulness. He drops his gaze to the counter with a small smile. "I can't help it, Jiminie. I mean, I knew he would give it to me. I just didn't expect he would give it to me this good, you know?"

Taehyung blinks. "Wow."

"That's good," Jimin says, plumping himself directly on Taehyung's lap. "Good doms are hard to find."

Taehyung pinches Jimin's abdomen gently.

"What? It's true!" Jimin defends, looking at Taehyung over his shoulder.

"Are we talking about the same Jungkook here? My stray dumpster puppy, Xbox-loving, man-child of a roommate?"

"Nothing childish about his dick, let me tell you that," Jin mumbles, and Jimin giggles again.

Jimin is still half-naked and steamy hot from his morning shower, and Taehyung spares a moment to close his eyes and shove his nose in his wet hair. Jimin always smells so damn good.

When Taehyung emerges from his self-indulging Jimin-induced buzz, Jin looks at him with a knowing glint in his eye. "So, how's the platonic dating going, guys?" he asks nonchalantly, stirring the subject back to teasing territory.

"We're not that platonic anymore," Taehyung jokes, stealing a piece of bacon from Jungkook's abandoned plate. "We do over-the-pants stuff now."

"Oh, and he beat you to the boyfriend status, so there's that," Jimin supplies, cheekily making his point by playfully assaulting Taehyung's jaw with sweet little kisses.

Taehyung forgets for a moment that his boyfriend's lover is sleeping with his best friend.

Unfortunately, the weeks that follow the breakfast incident proves that Jungkook is avoiding Taehyung for some reason. Not that Jungkook and Taehyung used to be inseparable or anything, but, for all the years they've been living together, they've always managed to make time for each other at least once a week. Jungkook even dismisses Taehyung late one night, saying he's exhausted and, although it could be true considering working in a bar when you're a college student isn't the best, Jungkook has never turned down gaming night with Taehyung before.

So, that's a bit alarming.

Stranger still is Jungkook not telling Taehyung he was looking for a part-time job in the first place. Jungkook is a good photographer; Taehyung could've found him a gig. More than that, the fact that he finds himself in need of money probably means he's trying to save up to move out as soon as possible. Taehyung is far from an idiot; he gets that living with them is probably not the best arrangement for Jungkook. But if Jungkook feels like fourth-wheeling, then he should talk to Taehyung about it. Right?