Just Friends-Part I

"So... I guess this happened," Jungkook says with a frown, shoving his phone in Taehyung's face.

On the screen, there's a heavily filtered selfie of Taehyung and Jimin sharing a croissant and coffee. There's whipped cream on Taehyung's nose and a mischievous smile on Jimin's face. The description says, "Just Chillin' with my Boo's Boo."

Taehyung remembers that day with fondness. They spent the afternoon thrift shopping in some of Taehyung's favourite spots and managed to find awesome accessories for Taehyung's midterm photography assignment. Jimin has a good eye for pretty things.

"You two look like you're fucking," Jungkook comments crassly, slurping what's left of his soda through his chewed up straw.

Taehyung frowns. "No, we don't."

"Oh, really? Shall we see the comments then?" Jungkook asks, wiping his greasy fingers on his shirt before scrolling his phone with an exaggerated curious expression. "There you go. Third comment, 'I bet they're fucking,' " he reads. "They even put two eggplant emojis. How cute."

Taehyung dismisses Jungkook's silliness with a swap of his hand. "We're just friends."

"Dude, this guy has four boyfriends. Maybe he doesn't even know what 'just friends' means," Jungkook argues before shovelling a handful of fries in his mouth.

"Three."

"What?" Jungkook manages through his mouthful.

"He has three boyfriends," Taehyung insists. "And I don't get why that would mean we can't hang out platonically. We do it all the time." He gestures between them. "We're doing it right now!"

"We're eating burgers at ten in the morning. This could never pass for a date," Jungkook says, eyebrow raised. "But you go on fancy coffee dates with him. Put cutesy pictures on Instagram for the whole world to see."

Taehyung snorts. This is getting ridiculous. "Aww. There's no need to be jealous, Jungkookie," he retorts with a wink. "You know he's just using my good looks to get more followers."

Jungkook rolls his eyes, squirts an insane amount of ketchup on his plate, and manages a serious expression. "I just don't want you to get hurt. That's all."

Cute.

"You're sweet," Taehyung states with a fond smile, dipping his own fries in the giant puddle of ketchup on Jungkook's plate. "But I've already got the boyfriend side covered. Don't worry."

Taehyung eats the ketchup covered fries and frowns. It's cold and mushy.

"How's Yoongi, by the way?" Jungkook asks, genuine interest in his voice.

"Busy." Taehyung pouts, lowering his chin in his hands. "He's buried in the preparations for his upcoming tour. Haven't seen much of him lately."

"I guess that's the downside of dating a famous rapper." Jungkook pauses before adding with a teasing eye-smile, "At least you have his other boyfriend to keep you company."

"You're a brat," Taehyung says, throwing a couple of fries his way. Jungkook just eats them and giggles.

Taehyung leaves after Jungkook insists they split a giant ice cream sundae covered in sprinkles, which he mostly eats entirely on his own. Taehyung is no longer surprised by Jungkook's insatiable appetite. He's just jealous the guy stays fit even though he eats like a sumo wrestler.

Taehyung takes the rest of his day in school, working on assignments. He spends more time that is healthy in the darkroom, trying to perfect some old-fashioned techniques. When he finally emerges, it's getting dark outside, and Jimin is leaning against the wall near the studio door, gym bag slung over his shoulder.