Just Friends-Part III

Jimin flinches like it actually hurts to answer but puts the shot down. "Tonight is my birthday," he says with an apologetic smile.

"What?" Taehyung should've known that.

"I'm sorry, I didn't tell you sooner. I didn't want to pressure you into going out with me. I wanted you to want to go out with me, you know?" Jimin hurriedly explains.

Taehyung is confused. "But I always want to go out with you."

Jimin looks endeared. He has that expression on his face he makes when he sees cute pictures of puppies. "You're sweet, Tae. How can you be so sweet?"

Taehyung ignores the rhetoric question. "Why me, though? Don't you want to celebrate with your boyfriends? Or, at least... one of them?"

Jimin laughs dryly. "Can you imagine? I have so many boyfriends, and none of them is available for my birthday." He winces. "Sorry, I'm being selfish, I know. Yoongi always scolds me when I'm selfish."

"I'm not Yoongi."

Jimin looks at Taehyung with a weird intensity. "I know. I'm sorry," he repeats.

Taehyung shakes it off. "Okay, let's forget about that." He grabs two shots from the platter, hands one to Jimin. "Happy birthday."

They knock back their shots together, and Jimin's smile is back in place when he gets closer to Taehyung and reach for his hand. It's not that uncommon for them to get cuddly, they're both physical people in general, but Taehyung feels hot all over nonetheless. And he doesn't know if it's the alcohol or if it's Jimin's closeness—his head lolling back on his shoulder when he laughs, their intertwined fingers resting on his lap—that makes him lose control over his body's response like that.

"I have to get going sometime soon, or I'll miss the last bus," Taehyung says after a few hours of drinking even more shots and laughing at Jin's stupid puns. He has absolutely no idea what time it is.

"Too late for that, I'm afraid," Jin confirms. "I would've never let you go by yourself in that state anyway."

"But—"

"No buts," Jin argues. "You'll sleep at my place. It's closer." Then he laughs like he's just made the joke of the year.

Taehyung frowns.

"His apartment is upstairs," Jimin explains with a roll of his eyes. "Come on. I'll show you." He gets up, pulling Taehyung by the sleeve.

Taehyung follows obediently, too drunk to argue.

Jin intercepts them before they make it to the front door, grabs Jimin by the waist delicately, and pulls him close. "Did you enjoy your night, baby?"

"Yes, I did." Jimin practically purrs in his arms. "Thank you very much."

"You're very welcome," Jin replies sweetly. "Happy birthday."

Jimin has to get up on his tiptoes to kiss Jin passionately. Taehyung should feel bad that he's staring, but they are shamelessly displaying affection in a very public place. His drunken brain even does something weird. Since Jin is about the same height as him, he reckons Jimin would also have get up on his tiptoes to kiss Taehyung.

"Tell me you love me," Jimin demands, still all up in Jin's space.

"Of course, I love you."

Jimin coos and kisses Jin again, and Taehyung feels he has to say something to diffuse the tension. "So... are you two boyfriends or...?"

Jimin giggles, untangling himself from Jin.

"You realize I always get the last laugh, Kim Taehyung," Jin says threateningly, but with absolutely no bite to it.