Chapter 7

The man on top of me stared at me in silence, though his expression was unreadable. It seemed he was, 'Terrified?'. I stared back, "Well, could you?" I said, snapping accidentally.

"Uh, yeah!" He scampered off of my figure that was on the floor, "Yeah! Sorry," he reached out his hand, which I gladly took and he pulled me so our faces were inches apart. Though, before I could question it, he began to whisper to me, glancing behind me somewhere, "I was just a little shaken about that glare your sweet, lovin' husband is giving me!" his voice began to slowly get louder into a whisper yell.

I looked confused, yet still glanced back, and low and behold my husband, Shota, was intensely glaring at the man beside me. I awkwardly chuckled at the look, and glanced back at the loud blonde, "I'll deal with it," my voice barely above a whisper as I nodded for reassurance.

Hizashi nodded, terrified, and hid slightly behind my 171-centimeter frame as I slowly walked toward the man radiating off a fierce aura. I awkwardly chuckled once again and addressed the man, "Hey, Shota...are you, okay?"

He growled in response, not making eye contact with me. I sighed and lifted my pale arms to wrap around his large frame. His body jolted at the touch though slowly relaxed into the embrace, copying my actions and hugging back. The man released a tense breath and buried his face into the crook of my neck. His low voice began, sending vibrations through both of our bodies, "Are you okay? I don't want anything to happen to you or our children..."

A gasp was heard from behind us, making us both jump out of our hold. The two of us looked back to see the hero known as Present Mic practically about to burst out of excitement. Jumping up and down, quiet, but high-pitched squealing flowing out of his mouth, hands fisted and brought to his chest-overall an overexcited loud blonde that could barely hold his elation.

"EEEEE! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! YOU FINALLY DID IT! YOU GOT PREGNANT!!!" The screaming male bounded towards both of us, who were slightly clinging to each other, preparing for the impact. Shota groaned and cursed underneath his breath, something about 'A bad choice for a best friend.'

I laughed breathlessly, a little nervously, as Hizashi spread his arms and embraced the two of us, squeezing the life out of me and my husband. He kept rambling on and on about being so happy for the two of us, and I nervously patted his back, showing that it was okay to stop.

Suddenly, he stopped abruptly, releasing his hold and stopping his rambling. He pulled back and I noticed a look of realization on his face. A wide grin replaced his toothy smile and suddenly I registered what was happening, 'Oh no,' I thought, and a look of desperation made its way onto my features.

My hands reached out desperately to the loud blonde as he started backing away and turning around towards the open door, clearly wanting to run out of it. His hand slipped into his black jeans, digging out his phone and making a run for it.

The man sprinted to the door, me following swiftly behind while Shota gave me a look of disappointment. Hizashi put the electronic device to his ear and ran out of the house. I quickly followed him down the steps of our porch, hopelessly watching the man yell into the phone eagerly, sprinting off across the street and into a small park.

I groaned and stopped running, standing in the middle of our yard with a look of defeat. I slumped down onto the grass, sitting in a cross-legged position. My figure slouched, over-exaggerating the fact that I lost my chance of not being discovered pregnant by my other best friend.

Meanwhile, my husband leaned against the front door's frame, a discontent expression placed on his face. He shook his head and slowly made way to me; walking onto the wood-planked porch and down the similar steps, sitting down to the left of me and laid down, facing the bright sky.