Chapter 15

"..."

"..."

"...-NIGHT! MO-VIE NIGHT! MO-VIE NIGHT!! MO-VIE NIGHT!!!"

Chanting came from the front door as it opened, and in came the one and only Present Mic, loudly expressing his delight. Midnight came into view as well, not far behind the other.

If you couldn't tell already, today was the monthly movie night Shota, Hizashi, Nemuri, and I have. It's been a tradition ever since I went to work at U.A. It used to be every other week, but we soon realized that our schedules would not allow that. So, every third Sunday, we would all go to one of our houses to watch a movie together.

I stood up from the couch, a little wobbly, and went to greet Hizashi and Nemuri at the door, leaving behind a grumpy husband, now without the warmth of a cuddle partner. I could hear him grumble as I walked away.

'Always have to be the polite one, I guess.' Sighing, I shook my head with a hint of a smile on my face, continuing on with walking.

"Good evening, both of you." I greeted, smiling brightly, like always. Hugging both of them, I lead them to the large couch, letting them stretch out.

"Homu, you know this- stop being so polite all the time, babe." Nemuri scolded, for like the thousandth time, as she took a seat at the end of the couch by the armrest.

I just shrugged and took my seat back on the couch next to Shota, letting him cuddle back up to me.

Meanwhile, Hizashi scrambled for the remote, immediately going to Disney Plus- probably to pick out a musical. He was definitely excited, with the way he was literally shaking with excitement as he sat down at the other end of the couch. The man picked one after searching for a little while, selecting it, and allowing himself to get comfortable.

Getting comfortable myself, I leaned further back into Shota, him tightening his hold on me- his muscled chest pressing into my back. The man's hands found their place on my abdomen, below my stomach, where the area was bloated and more swollen. Slowly, they began to rub gently across the area.

Smiling softly, I glanced up at my husband, seeing him staring intently at the television screen, probably trying to figure out which musical it was this time. He seemed to have no idea of the comforting gesture, subconsciously doing it.

I put my focus back up onto the screen, sighing inaudibly and sinking into his hold once again.

<3-<3-<3

Halfway through the wonderful musical Hizashi had picked out, I noticed everyone began to become hungry. (Though the only reason I could really tell was because of Hizashi whining about it). Thinking it was about time to make something to eat, I shifted in Shota's strong hold, who was now lightly sleeping.

Exhaling, I fell out of his hold, his arms falling back to his sides as he snuggled into the couch. I quickly slipped into the kitchen, allowing the rest of them to watch the movie without being disturbed.

From there, I began to prepare Niku Miso, a meat sauce that I have always loved to make, and some simple steamed rice to go along with it. Something light, but delicious.

As I began to caramelize all of the vegetables needed for the meat sauce, I could feel tiny vibrations on the ground, most likely footsteps, heading in my direction.

Glancing out of the corner of my left eye, my lips slightly turned up, seeing my significant other slowly walk into the kitchen, rubbing one of his eyes. He was wearing one of those 'I'm grumpy' kind of looks. 'He was probably expecting to wake up next to me.'

I focused back onto the pan I was sauteing the veggies in, letting him do whatever he was planning on doing. I felt him move across the kitchen to the fridge, the sound of him opening the door filling up the room, as well as the sizzle from my cooking.

Shota moved to the side of the fridge, closing the door, and setting whatever he got out onto the counter. I looked over to my right, right where he stood, seeing him pour some water out of a clear pitcher into two glasses he had apparently got out of one of the cupboards.

I could tell he felt my eyes on him, as his head turned to look back at me, both of us making eye contact.

Slowing down the speed of my hand which was tossing around the food, I grinned wholeheartedly in his direction-albeit a little goofily. The man just looked away, shaking his head and chuckling airly.

He and I continued what we were doing until he slid one of the glasses across the counter and in my direction. As I turned to look at him again, he took a sip out of the other glass of water, making eye contact with me once again. I raised an eyebrow in question, him just nodding towards the cup then setting his own down.

The man slowly walked towards me, stopping right as he was at my side. Silently, he picked up the glass, bringing it up to my face, right in front of my lips. He had a knowing look in his eyes.

Wordlessly, I took his hint, allowing him to raise the rim to my lips as I took a light sip of the water. Shota looked slightly annoyed at that, gingerly forcing me to drink more of the cold water.

Once satisfied, he set the now half-empty glass back down onto the granite countertop, though continued to stay in my personal space. I let him do what he wanted, adding ground pork to the now caramelized veggies.

Feeling his arms wrap around me behind, I felt him sway us to the music that was playing on the TV, no doubt showing a romantic scene, as the song was slow and calming. My body automatically swayed with his, continuing to make sure everything was being cooked thoroughly in the pan in front of me, as well as the rice that was now in the rice cooker. (I was too lazy to cook it myself.)

I turned off the heat when satisfied, allowing it to simmer some more while we waited for the rice to be finished, still swaying to the music. My hands that were now free, clung onto the man's well-built forearms, leaning further into his comforting like before.

No words were needed as the moment went on, just us swaying to some calming music, relaxing in each other's presence. All of our worries washed away.

-*-*-*-*-*-

A/N: I hope you enjoyed this update! Very fluffy!!! Uh- this one was around 1100 words, so not bad. 

Thank you all so much for the support and the reads! I really appreciate it!

I love you all and I hope you have a great rest of your day!

---piece of that KiTkAtBaR (katkit205)