Chapter 2

I could tell that Shota was processing the information that I had just given him, as he had been staring into my deep ocean-like globes for more than a couple of minutes. He had barely finished off the rest of his water, still staring at me with wide eyes. Usually, this never happens, because he usually doesn't need to process information, so it started to worry me.

I eventually cleared my throat, looking to the side with my hands behind me, scared to see his reaction. "Uhm..." I trailed off, not knowing what to say.

He, on the other hand, had his thoughts running wild. The man was staring at me more intensely now, probably seeing if I was telling the truth or not. 'Is she really telling me the truth? Am I gonna be a father? Am I ready for this?-Wait of course I am ready, I'm ready for anything with this woman. Okay, Shota get yourself together, you've probably been staring at her for an hour, not saying anything. Okay, speak...

Here goes nothing-'

"T-that's great!" He yelled, in a completely different voice than his original. It was high pitched and sounded excited, opposite from the normal monotone.

I whipped my head in the direction the weird voice had come from. There was Shota, standing up with the water cup in one hand on the table, the other slammed on the table as well. He looked as confused as I was, 'how could a grown man, especially Shota, make that noise?!'

It took me a minute to register his words and shake my confusion and shock before I looked back into those onyx orbs that were begging for a response of some sort.

"Uhm," I paused and cleared my throat once again, "I...what did you say again?" 'I'm giving you the chance to redeem yourself, take it'

The man cleared his throat as well, looking in thought down at his glass of water. After a second, he focused on my blue irises, and walked towards me, officially redeeming himself in my mind.

Shota grabbed onto my arms, which were twisted behind me, and brought them out of their hold. He traced the skin with his fingertips all the way down to my hands, holding them down in front of us. He took a deep breath in, closing his eyes in the process, before looking straight into mine again. "That's great, is what I said. That's amazing, and I would love it if you were." He repeated in a warm and loving voice and smiled softly.

I was in shock, we weren't necessarily going to have kids, since we had never really talked about it much. Just the occasional, 'I like children, maybe we should get one' interaction, that simply ended with a couple of shrugs. So, to see my husband, the Shota Aizawa that always seems tired and grumpy, almost excited about a pregnancy, was a shock and thrilling.

I smiled lovingly back at him, seemingly okay with his words, though not needing to show my gratefulness with words.

He brought my palms up to his face, squeezing them before giving them a quick peck on each. Shota dropped them after a minute and brought me into a warm embrace.

"Okay," he whispered into my ear and mumbled something incoherent to himself, before placing his attention back on me, "I would be happy to go with you throughout this journey, to have a kid with you." The man pulled away slightly to look into my blue orbs, "Are you sure that you are?"

I gazed downwards to our feet, I didn't want to disappoint him with my answer. I sighed, "No, but I'm ninety-nine percent sure that I am." I paused my explanation to look him in the eyes once again, they were urging me to continue. "I haven't had my period in a while, and just think about it," my hands found their way to his chest, I focused on my fingers, "Throwing up for no reason, headaches, and dizziness, me eating a great deal, exhaustion. All of these are signs of pregnancy. So I'm not a hundred percent positive, but it's a very, very high chance that I am."