Chapter 9

A/N: I AM SO SORRY! I didn't have internet the week I said I was going to post this, and my laptop charger got lost and then I found it and it broke. THIS IS NOT AN EXCUSE THOUGH! I'll be posting two chapters today for that reason! Thank you and I'm sorry for this being super late!

<3-Later that day-<3

"Are you ready?"

I hear my husband's grumbly voice from behind me, and a jingle of keys. I slowly turn around, seeing Shota dressed in his usual work attire, his hero costume; black jumper and shaggy pants, black combat boots that reach up above his mid-calf, a grey utility belt loosely tied around his waist, and to top it all off, his long grey capture scarf. He had our car's keys in hand, jingling them lazily in the air.

I smile slightly, checking over myself. Everything was there, with my work clothes fitted against my skin. They were a toned-down version of my costume; a school-appropriate red dress, more comfortable crimson red flats, and a simplistic version of the yellow corset. My work bag was hanging off my left shoulder, and my phone in my hand, perfect.

I lifted my head to look back at the man, a small smile still set on my face, "Yes, everything is ready."

A frown made its way onto the man's face, as he made his way towards me, grabbing my shoulders gently and looking straight into my eyes. His features were twisted with worry, and I couldn't help but frown myself. His voice spoke, "Are you sure you're going to be okay? You're carrying and growing two people inside your body, are you sure you want to work?"

My expression softened at his words, bringing his arms down off my shoulders, and holding both his hands below us, "Of course I'll be okay. People do this every day, and what kind of hero would I be if I couldn't handle a thing like this? I'm strong, Shota. I can handle it. And, if you are truly worried about me, I'll give you updates about my health and how I'm feeling throughout the day, okay?" I look up at him, glancing around to see if he would agree.

His face finally broke out of its worry, and he shook his head, squeezing both my hands with his. A tiny lift of his lips made my face break into a grin, and he rolled his eyes, "Okay."

I squeezed his hands a few times for reassurance before pulling away. I excitedly, but gently took the keys out of his grasp, and quickly made my way to the front door. Cheekily, I looked behind me to see the man I loved shake his head with a big smile on his face and so I hurriedly unlocked the door.

The bright light from outside blinded me, making me put an arm above my eyes to block my view. I even heard a grunt from behind me, no doubt coming from Shota.

I laughed airly at the vampire-like man and brought down my arm from it blocking the sun, seeing the beautiful morning scenery. Birds were chirping, leaves on trees slowly swaying with the breeze, and a bright blue sky.

Slowly, I stepped down the stairs of our porch and inhaled the smell of new flowers blooming. It was spring, after all.

Behind me, I heard slow and tired steps, no doubt they belonged to the grumbly, but loving beast I call my husband. My head tilted so I could look over my shoulder, seeing him shield his eyes from the bright outside. The door was closed and locked, and he was slowly trudging five feet away from me.

I smiled once he met my eyes after taking his arm off of his and beckoned him with my arm. "Come on! Don't want to be late to work!"

Begrudgingly, he walked over to me, and I looped my arm around his, sprouting a cheerful aura. He grumbled slightly under his breath, looking away from me, but I swear I could see a ghost of a smile on his lips.

We finally move to our small car, myself going into the driver seat (since I still have the keys) and him immediately falling asleep in the passenger. I chuckled airly and began to drive to the place I call a second home.