Little Steps • Malleus x Male!Reader

• The picture was taken from the game

• Request by: MoonRose45

● ═══*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═══ ●

The echoing sounds of footsteps filled the empty stairway. Green, dim-lit candles guided the way down the dark path.

You weren't quite a fan of stairs. But with him, you felt safer. He felt like an escape from the hell you lived in. A peaceful, enticing dream.
It felt like the fear you had swelled away.

Missing his cold embrace, you felt the fear coming back again. Respecting each other's boundaries was the thing you did the most.

"(Y/n)? Are you alright?"

Hearing his cold voice, you couldn't help but to shiver out a response, "Y-yes! I am."

"Well, you don't look well, my love," the fae replied, chuckling at the pathetic look on your face.

His words "my love" were enough to make your heart melt. They were enough to make you stop in your tracks and hide your face in your hands.

"Don't hide, my love, or else you might fall." He spoke, gliding his pale fingers upon yours before dragging them down softly.

"M-Malleus-sama! Stop that!" You shouted, giving Malleus a glare.

"Oh? Should I?" Malleus coaxed, "I know you enjoy it~"

"St-stop!" Beginning to stammer, you looked away.

"You are funny sometimes, you know?" Malleus spoke, interlacing his fingers with yours, "Why don't we take little steps... together?"

A cold feeling entered your body as you shivered whilst attracting his gaze. His glowing green eyes never gave you the feeling of comfort. He was the monster and angel of your life. A monster who made you cower before him, just to fullfill his selfish desires, while also being an angel who cherished you too.

"I... Sure," you stammered.

Both you set a foot down on the stair beneath. Inhaling, you took another with him - feeling safer than before.

"My love, why are you frightened of stairs?" Malleus inquired.

"I-I'm not sure," you let out a breathy reply, "I have been afraid of them for a long time-"

A loud call - "young master!" - had stopped you from talking. Glancing at Malleus - who let out a sigh - looked back too.

"Apologies, (Y/n), I may take my leave now," Malleus spoke, an apologetic emotion visible in his gleaming eyes, "be a brave boy you are and take a step forward. I'm sure you will make it."

You took a moment to understand his inspiring statement whilst  you have forgotten that the fae had taken his leave. As the echoing yells became closer, you flinched - yet you've luckily grabbed the railing.

Footsteps became audible as the faint yelling seemed closer. Soon, a boy with green hair and another with silver hair came to your vision - both wearing the uniform of Diasomnia - it didn't take you too long to fathom that they were Silver and Sebek - who's sworn duty was to keep an eye on their "Lord" Malleus.

"Young master!" Sebek boomed before you came to his view - he asked, "You, fellow human! Have you seen Lord Malleus anywhere?!"

You couldn't sworn he made your ears ache. Ignoring the pain in your ears, you politely replied, "My apologise, but I have not."

This was a part of your daily routine to sneak out at nighttime and go out with Malleus to take a walk around the campus of Night Raven College. Perhaps, it wouldn't hurt to cover a little secret, right?

"Let's not waste our time here, Sebek... I'm not feeling quite energetic..." Silver groaned as he dragged Sebek away with him - ascending up the stairs. Sebek was stomping up the stairs, and Silver could barely even stand up straight.

You chortle before you took small steps down the stairs again - your hand not trailing away from the railings.
You didn't know whether you liked Malleus or not. He seemed to be quite fearsome, which is indeed true. Despite being a monster, he was quite an exquisite beauty and a dream come true.