Nemesis

"What did you want to talk about?" Ben asked breathlessly as he followed Nemesis down the hallway of the school. "Er, like, did my grades come back a bit poor or-?"

"What? Oh nothing like that." said Nesmith easily as he waved a hand. "Just, thought I should have a nice talk with you.. ya know.. guy time. Figured it wasn't something you and your 'dad' ever got to do often."

Ben paused. "Captain Nemesis. Er.. wow, thanks I.."

"Don't mention it." said Nesmith. "You and I are two of a kind Tennyson,  neither of us had the best or most understanding fathers, and both of us have tried and succeeded in escaping their grasps, if anything, I think I can relate to you a bit better than plenty here, unless you count Levin."

Nesmith smiled as he adjusted his suit and tie. "I've spoken to Aizawa, he'll let you and Bakugou off early today. Thing is, there's something I want to confirm with you and I can't do that here."

"Confirm?" Ben asked.

"You want to work for my Agency when you graduate, don't you?" Nesmith asked.

Ben felt his heart beat begin to quicken as he suddenly gulped. "U-uh.. well."

"I spoke to Gwen, but don't worry, you don't have to decide right away. But I like to scout potential early, and even if you don't select me in the end, I know you're special, if possible I'd like to provide some mentorship so you excel no matter where you end up, even if you don't end up in an Agency. I mean All Might's continued his work even after his Agency closed. Solo work doesn't pay much though, even if your license lets you legally do it.  I'd say All Might can afford to do solo work now thanks to his teaching salary."

Ben couldn't believe his ears. "R-really, you think I have potential.. t-to..I mean it isn't all me, you know about the-."

"Don't get me wrong, yeah, the Omnitrix does feel a bit like cheating doesn't it?" said Nesmith with a grin. "And it's a machine. I should know better than anybody, machines don't last forever, they're fallible, they break over time. And there may come a day where the Omnitrix stops transforming you into aliens.  But the skill at which you've wielded the powers it's given you are beyond extraordinary. Among the students, I've only ever seen Midoriya, Bakugou and Todoroki come close to the natural ability to pick up a power the way you have. "

"Aw shucks." Ben rubbed the back of his head sheepishly. "H-hearing that from my childhood hero's.. I mean.."

"Hahahaha, this is a genuine compliment, let it sink in Ben." said Nesmith. "No worries. All Might feels the same. You've got a good heart, good instincts and talent. Which is why, if the day comes that the Omnitrix fails you, I'll find a way to keep you on the job."

"Really!?" Ben exclaimed. 

"Of course. There are numerous alternatives that nobody ever even bothers with." said Nesmith. "Mainly because nobody ever considers them due to the narrowmindedness of Quirk Based Society. You think if I didn't have my Hemotech Quirk I'd let that stop me? No, if I can't make tech with my blood, I'll make it with my hands. A weaponized suit would be easy for me to make.  Technology can do what Quirks do, Quirks just let you do it without brains. "

"That's actually a pretty good point." Ben murmured.

"Yeah, take it from Knuckleduster. I mean he's a vigilante with no sanction to legally operate." said Nesmith. "But he has taken down villains with literally just his fists. A quirkless man no less."

Nesmith grinned at Ben. "No matter what people tell you Ben, whether you have a Quirk or not, you can always still be a hero."

"Captain Nemesis.." Ben murmured. "I.."