The Truth and End of Terms.

Ben didn't know what to think on certain terms of his life now. 

After Shock Lock had been taken into custody, his friends sat down with him and gave him the entire story from top to bottom. Everyone was there, even Gwen and Kyoka came to the hotel early to explain it all.

From what Ben could gather, the only ones completely out of the loop were Kevin, Bakugou, Mineta, and Kaminari, who all looked equally surprised about Ben's actual family status.

When everyone had finished saying their part in that hotel room, Ben sitting on the bed before his friends, a few bandages on his arms and forehead that had been given by the EMTs after he had been cleared for minor injuries (AmpFibian and the rest of his aliens were tough that was for sure), sat there in silence. Not saying a word.

"Ben, I know this is hard to hear, and even harder still is that we knew and didn't tell you." Gwen said heavily. "I-.. I'm very..."

Gwen's eyes began to well up with tears. 

"Clam it Dweeb."

Gwen stopped abruptly and gave Ben a stunned look, her tears glistening in the sunlight that shone through the curtains.

Ben looked up and smiled a bit. "I'll admit, this is confusing, stressful, and a whole lot to take in one sitting. Hell I'm on the verge of a breakdown.. b.. but.. if you think I'd blame you guys for doing your best to protect me and not hurt me, well that would just feel weirder."

"Ben.." whispered Izuku. 

"Listen up, I don't know if  what you did was right or wrong." said Ben quietly. "Maybe in the same situation I'd do the same thing. Maybe it'd be easier to take if you all told me sooner. But.. the fact you guys went this far for me, means I'm not alone. The fact there are people that wish to see me succeed is not something my parents, or fake parents now that I know, ever gave me. 

Ben gritted his teeth. "Don't get me wrong, I'm furious with you guys to a certain degree. But on the inside I get it. However, I'm not angry cause I wasn't told.."

Ben jabbed a thumb at his chest. "How can I be the hero if I'm the one whose always being protected!? At least give me a chance to fight them too!"

"Don't be an idiot." growled Bakugou. 

"Katsuki?" Ben said, blinking. 

"You're the one who told me that heroes should rely on each other when its necessary!" Bakugou growled. "As annoying as it was, its fucking true. So get over yourself! Don't be a damn hypocrite and rely on others a little!"

"I'm not saying I won't rely on anyone.. it's just.." Ben said.

"You don't like sitting back and doing nothing. You don't like being the victim." Aizawa said. "Ben, you've impressed me today. I half expected you to come out yelling at the top of your lungs, you've shown maturity.. however, the fact remains in spite of your powerful quirk, you're immensely inexperienced, as is every other student here. Until you all get your actual Provisional Licenses instead of the emergency ones we granted to keep Ben out of the Forever Knight's hands, we cannot afford you to get into any more battles like we witnessed today."

Ben bowed his head. "Right, I understand.

Kyoka frowned, she had been silent this whole time. 

Ben grinned. "Guess I'll just have to keep on chugging.. I mean jeez, another day in the life of Ben! What's new? But I still feel fantastic. So when are the fireworks tonight guys? That is, if we can still go.."

Aizawa narrowed his eyes. This seemed a bit.. too mature.

"Ben, you're.. a bit too happy." muttered Denki. "You sure after a bombshell like that-?"