Childhood Friends.

"HERO HERO HERO!!" Ben roared furiously as he did multiple sit ups over and over again in his 3 room house.  "Come on, you can do it, you can do it!!!"

"Guess that's how I know you're serious about training for this." said Kyoka as she sat on Ben's bed munching on some potato chips. "Usually your daily exercise is working your thumb muscles on Sumo Slammers Tournament Edition and then working your dream muscles by sleeping the rest of the day away."

"Why wouldn't I be serious!?" Ben growled as he continued to exercise. "This is the opportunity of a life time. My cousin's already training to be a pro hero in the states,  I can't fall behind! Or I'll never be able to call her a dweeb again!!"

"That goal's dumb!" Kyoka snapped irritably. "Anyways, we both know you'll call her a dweeb whether or not you become a hero so get a grip!"

"THAT IS NO EXCUUUUUUUUUUSEEEEEE!" Ben screamed as he began to do sit ups so fast his body was a blur before suddenly. 

"CRAACK!!" Ben screamed as he grabbed his lower back. 

"That's what you get for trying to do things as if you're invincible!" said Kyoka with a groan as she brought out an ice pack.  "Jeez.. All Might.. he may be an amazing hero, but sometimes he does the most crazy weird things!"

"ECHO ECHO!!" Ben roared, jumping to his feet. "HUMUNGOUSAUR!!! HEATBLAST!!"

"What the heck are you doing now!?" Kyoka stammered, pink patches appearing on her face. 

"Practicing my battle cry for when I transform!" Ben said. "All Might said I should have cool Hero names for my transformations! After all they've all got their own specific powers, they deserve names!"

"They aren't pets, they're you!" Kyoka muttered. 

"You didn't seem to think of it like pet naming when you called yourself Earphone Jack!"

"That's different, if you're going to be a hero, you can't be 10 different names, or people are going to get confused!" said Kyoka. 

Ever since a week ago, Ben had been training hard for the Second Chance Examination for UA. Kyoka had been acting as his tutor, helping him study for written portions and a vast majority of other things such as drilling him on using his power with a few scheduled sparring sessions. 

It had started after Ben, still in Heatblast form had explained to All Might and Principle Nezu about Azmuth and what the Omnitrix was.

Nezu was a walking talking mouse with a scar over one eye, around 3 feet tall, wearing a suit, a delightful smile, and hiding a devious mind of immense intelligence. 

"Ahh, I see, so this mysterious Azmuth is the creator, and his encyclopedia is one of alien transformations." said Nezu. "And it also appears that this device is irremovable even by the creator." 

"In other words, he's going to have to learn to live with it?" asked Kyoka with concern. "What if there's side effects? Azmuth mentioned that this was a test to see if there were bugs right?"

"I doubt if there is sincerity in his words." said All Might. 

"What do you mean?" Ben asked. 

"He didn't say it was a prototype.. from the sound of this conversation, which we had recorded on the hospital room cameras,  the Omnitrix you possess is a finished product, the unfortunate issue was that it is now attached to you and recognizes you as the sole user." said Nezu. "In other words, he entrusted the Omnitrix to Ben because he had no choice, I doubt somebody as intelligent as him wanted to admit he was in such a state, so he devised Ben being his testrunner as an excuse.. "