christmas special, f

merry christmas!

your eyes slowly opened, adjusting to the bring light that was beaming through the curtains of your window, causing you to squint

"god.. what time is it?" you croaked tiredly, grabbing your phone that was on the drawer beside you. switching it on, the flash of light from the device made you instantly close your eyes again. once it returned to its darkness because of your lock screen, you stared at the time in astonishment.

10:23am... i'm up early for once.. wonder if the rest of the dropship is awake. rubbing your sleep-filled eyes, you jumped out of bed, heading towards your closet to grab a sweater, slipping it on as warmth embraced you.

"much better." sighing in content, you opened the door quietly, seeing a few of the legends awake and near the christmas tree you had set up. crypto was usually up all night, not waking up until around 5pm, but for once, he was sitting on the couch in the early morning.

"oh, crypto! you're up early. how surprising," he smiled, patting the seat next to him, inviting you to sit beside him and you accepted the offer. "what caused you to get up so early?"

"ah, i felt like it, i wouldn't want to spend the day alone like have the last few years. i have you guys and maybe soon, my sister." you felt sympathy for him, the poor guy hasn't found his missing sister because of syndicate, the so called 'company' you despised.

"cryppie, you'll find her soon, don't worry about it." you tried to soothe him by rubbing his back and it seemed to work, his already tense body relaxing.

"yeah, thanks for the support, y/n," it was no worries, you said, knowing that he deeply cared for his sister and you'd feel the same if your sibling disappeared. "how'd you sleep?"

"like a baby, i've never slept better," you chuckled, earning a small laugh from crypto and it made you feel like a champion, making a stubborn korean hacker happy. "how was your night?"

"exactly the same as yours. i've never slept a full night before. it's refreshing."

"you should try it more often, cryppie, it's per-pre-par... amazing," mirage joked and also struggled to speak behind you both, causing the two of you to burst into laughter. "h-hey! why are you laughing?"

"it's perplexed elliott! say it with me. per-plexed." he repeated after you, understanding afterwards. both you and crypto apologised for laughing at him, but he knew it meant no harm.

"awe come on, che! did you really forget what day it is today?!" octane yelled throughout the dropship, following after a tired lifeline with her hair down. rubbing her temples, she groaned.

"silva, it's 11am! let me wake up, will yuh?! i know it's christmas!"

"och! yeah! it's christmas darlings! is everyone awake?" horizon gasped, clapping her hands, wattson came out of her room, smiling widely. she was wearing her christmas outfit already.

"is everyone in zhe christmas spirit? i hope so!" she cheered, causing you to poke crypto, who was staring in awe at her.

"you got her a present, right? she'll forgive you, she can't still hate you with what you got her." crypto was reminded of the horrors that went down two seasons ago, the memories causing him to shiver.

"hopefully."

"alright! everyone's awake, let's open presents. i'm itching to see who got me what." ramya perked up, all of you sitting in a circle, each of you holding a present in your arms. staring around, everyone had gotten some decent sized presents and for once, revenant got someone a present.

"alright? first one out of the hat.." she dug into mirage's precious nutcracker hat, before pulling out a small piece of paper, opening it straight after. " aaaand we have.. pathfinder! who did you have?"

"i had my dear friend, y/n!" his screen blinked with happiness, as you exchanged gifts with him.

"what a coincidence, i had you too, path!" you smiled, before the both of you opened your presents. what you had gotten the friendly robot was a detective outfit, as you had heard he had always wanted one to look like a detective.

"y/n! you must know my wish list! you got me exactly what i wanted! thank you friend!" he thanked you many times and in return, it gave you mass amounts of serotonin seeing him so delighted. "open the present i got you."

you did so, opening the box to reveal the latest outlands' phone with a phone case to go with it. your eyes sparkled in delight, welling with tears slightly.

"awe.. path you didn't have to buddy!" hugging pathfinder, his screen flashed with bright pink, hugging you back.

"i love you too, friend!"

"alright, next up is.. crypto! who'd you have pal?" rampart called out to him, he held the box tighter, hesitating to speak.

"w-wattson.."

"ah.." her smile dropped, causing you to glare. if she didn't appreciate his gift, you were about to smack a bitch.

"i.. hope you like it." the tension was high as he handed her the neatly wrapped present. A+ for the wrapping, cryppie. Nice job.

handing her the box, she opened it, revealing a large nessie plush and her face lit up, regaining her smile.

"crypto! you.. you got zhis for me?.." she looked at him and he nodded, before she crashed into him with a bear-hug, causing you to smile. looks like no one was getting hurt today.

after about an hour of rampart calling out names and gifts being given, everyone was enjoying christmas so far. surprisingly, revenant hadn't stabbed anyone with his claws.

"awe man, horizon, this blanket is like- the best thing you've given me." mirage lay in comfort on the dropship couch, warm underneath the massive holo-day bash blanket. she chuckled, waving it off.

"och, no bother at all, darling."

"y'know i got a c in health class!"

his attempt at impressing her was amusing to the rest of you, even caustic let out a little chuckle.

the holiday cheer was here,
and it had never been better.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Merry Christmas guys!

I know it's like an hour and a half after Christmas, but I couldn't get it out in time 😅 sorry about that!

i hope you all had a lovely christmas!
if you don't celebrate christmas, fine by me! happy hannukkah , yule, pancha ganapati, malkh, humanlight, koliada, kwanzaa, newtonmas, or any other ones i missed!

i hope you all had a great day!

this is agape, signing off!
❄️✨❤️💚