Chapter 7

Carina nods to herself, satisfied with what she wrote but also a little bit embarrassed at the same time. Who would've thought that she would wind up talking to someone she could potentially have feelings for about someone who she does have feelings for? This is like some messed up love triangle.

She slips the paper into her specific folder and turns around to see Lily walk right in with a beautiful smile painted on her face. "Hi, Carina," Lily greets happily.

"Hi, Lily," Carina smiles back, her heart thumping against her chest the way it does every single time she looks at her.

---

Lily strides over to Carina in the back of the room and squeezes her shoulder gently in greeting before she takes one of her arms out of her backpack straps and rummages into it for her letter that she wrote last night and slips it in her folder. She takes the one Carina wrote to her back on Friday since the storm pushed the letters back a day and jams it into her backpack before Carina could see and discover they've been partners all along.

It's definitely getting harder and harder to write to Carina while still pretending to be anonymous. The sense of mystery is now gone and now that she's able to speak to the real Carina in person, she doesn't see much point in writing anymore since the entire point is to get to know someone else you might not normally would have chosen to spoke to. As grateful as she is for the assignment and allowing the universe to bring the two of them together, it's time to end it. She found her already and she adores her even more now.

"So how are you this morning?" Carina's small voice suddenly asks.

Lily turns to look at her face and she practically melts. Carina's face radiates complete innocence and loveliness Just the thought of someone ever harming Carina in any way makes her wince and even angry. She's too good for this sometimes fucked up world.

"A little tired, but I'm good," Lily smiles as she and Carina walk over to their seats and sits down. "How about yourself?"

"Still nervous about the presentation," she answers with a slight frown.

Lily looks at her sympathetically. She can only imagine how Carina must feel because she herself has never really had any issues with public speaking. She gets nervous sometimes, of course, but not to the same extent as Carina. Then she has an idea that'll definitely benefit the both of them.

"Do you, uhm, want me to help you?" Lily offers. "You know, so you could feel a bit more comfortable? I know that rehearsing it in front of someone else would help you feel better about it by the time Friday rolls around. Actually, Desi and Naomi and I were talking about how we all should hang out soon or something, including Amanda. I feel like we are all friends with each other in some way, but we're not friends with each other considering I'm friends with you and you're friends with Amanda and Amanda is friends with Naomi. And then there's Desi," Lily chuckles. "And afterwards, it could just be you and I and I could definitely help you with your presentation."

Carina ponders on the idea for just a moment before she smiles kindly. "That sounds like a great idea, actually. I think all five of us would get along just swell. And would you really spend even more time with me afterwards to help?"

Lily pats her small hand and smiles reassuringly. "Of course I would. I know that you're nervous and I want to help you in any way that I can. Anything for you, right?"

Carina's cheeks turn a light shade of pink and she smiles down at her lap, making Lily grin proudly. It makes her feel so good inside to see her blush knowing that she caused it.

"Thanks, Lily. I would really appreciate that," Carina says softly. "I feel like you're always doing something for me."

The green-eyed girl casually waves away her comment. "Oh, please. It makes me feel better knowing I can help you. Are you available today after school or tomorrow or something?"