Chapter 22

Carina looks down at her feet as she subtly rocks back and forth on her toes. Her head is ducked down a bit when she opens her mouth and asks shyly, "uhm... Is-Is it okay if you sleep with me tonight?"

Lily's heart flutters and she pouts her bottom lip out in response to Carina's irresistible request. She said it in the most innocent and adorable tone of voice that it would be like denying a little puppy a treat. Which, well, she is a puppy and there was no way in hell that she was going to deny her that.

"I was already planning on it," Lily grins widely.

--

As soon as Lily and Carina were both bundled up under the cool blankets with their arms and legs tangled together, they fell asleep almost instantly. Their minds were clear after they were able to talk about their feelings regarding the situation that arose on the beach and the argument that ensued afterwards. It was relieving as hell for the both of them to sleep with each other again.

The next morning, the Carina and Lily woke up to the sound of their friends practically cooing over them while they slept. It was sort of creepy waking up to see three wide, suggestive grins looking down at them while they were snuggled together, but Naomi, Desi, and Amanda looked how Lily and Carina felt. They were just as happy about making up as their friends were. Although Desi was looking like she was about to burst into tears of joy at any second.

After staying in and ordering room service for breakfast, the girls then decided to take a stroll to a nearby park/playground to work off the excessive amount of food they ate. Lily ate so much to the point where she felt like she was about to spontaneously combust. That would definitely be messy.

Now as they were walking towards the park underneath the glaring sun above them, Lily couldn't help but notice that Carina is kind of acting a little bit weird and hesitant beside her. There is a small gap between them when there usually never was. Carina would almost always be the one to initiate the handholding, but this afternoon it's like she is holding back. And Lily knows exactly why.

Carina's afraid that it might come off as "possessive", which was pretty much the cause of their argument last night. So instead, Lily is the one to take the reigns. She grazes their hands lightly, causing Carina's head to turn to look at her before she interlocks their fingers together. Carina looks down, then back up again, a smile forming across her lips.

But their handholding didn't last as long as Lily would like because as soon as the playground was within their sight, that was it. The animals were let out of the cage and Naomi, Desi, and Carina hauled ass towards the swings and never has Lily seen any of them run faster than that moment. She and Amanda continued walking at their leisurely pace like the grown ups they are, shaking their heads fondly and smiling at their friends.

But unfortunately for her, Carina tripped. Badly . Lily immediately thought that she got a mouthful of dirt when she fell and almost sprinted after her to make sure she was okay but Carina just picked herself up, dusted her shirt a little bit, then started running again. Lily didn't know whether to laugh or to be completely and totally confused at how nonchalant Carina was about it.

Amanda, on the other hand, is as cool as a cucumber beside her. She didn't even flinch when she saw Carina's little physical mishap.

"I'm so used to it," Amanda chuckles easily, as if reading Lily's mind. "After knowing her for as long as I have and seeing that girl trip and stumble and slip and fall more times than one can count, you kind of expect it. But she's always fine. She's a resilient little thing."

Lily has a little laughing fit by herself, replaying the image of Carina falling over and over and over again in her mind. At first she was scared that she hurt herself, but now she just finds it fucking hilarious.