(15) WHAT TAKES HIM SO LONG?

3 years later...

"Thank you miss Laura... We couldn't have done this without you."

The CEO of ABC constructions shook his hands with me.

"It was a pleasure to work with your company. Contact me whenever your company needs my support."

"Please join us for the celebration... Everyone is looking for you..."

"I'm sorry to say Mr. Clark, I'm having few plans to spend my evening..." I said. "I'm so sorry..."

"It's ok Miss Laura... No need to apologize. I got your point. Let me arrange a vehicle for you." I thanked him and left for the hospital.

After I got graduated as a Geometer, I thought of using my knowledge on Construction and Engineering. This was my sixth successful project. I'm happy to be appreciated by them for my skills. I always knew I can. My happiness is always being uncompleted,since the day I lost him... Since the day he's being unconscious...

He was my soulmate...

After achieving all of my targets, my only concern was to get him awake.

I was visiting him continuously since the day he's got admitted as I got permission to visit him everyday, for an hour. Everyday I enter, hoping, he'll wake up today... I've been single for all those years, hoping he'll come back for me...

When I was entering the ICU, I found two attenders pushing away a covered body. Without thinking further more, I came searching for him.

But, My prince wasn't in there...

I pinched myself to check whether I'm dreaming... Then I found I'm not...

"Nooooo it can't be my prince... Don't leave me..."

I ran for those two attenders, weeping and crying as a mad woman. I immediately blocked their way, even I saw they were frowning at me. I lifted up the white cloth even before they could act.

I felt I skipped a beat...

It wasn't him!!!

"Please get out of the way... We have a job to do..." One guy hissed. "I'm extremely sorry... I wanna know where the patient no 4 is being kept..."

They took me to my prince. I found the doctor on my way.

"Evening dear, we had to use the ICU bed for another patient. Prince is being kept for 3 years... Still we can't find any progress... So..."

"Doctor??"

I couldn't wait... I knew what he's gonna say.

"I'm sorry dear, we have to remove the machine in two days... So far this is being useless, so we can't expect more..."

I couldn't control my mind. I ran to him... To my prince...

"What takes you so long to return??? Why God... Why??"

I was beating his chest thinking it may make him awake. My tears made his chest wet.

"Can't you see how helpless I am... It's been three years since I lived all by myself... I can't feel anything from my body... You have taken all of my senses... I haven't given all of me to you... I wanna give all of me... Baby... I need you... Please wake up..." I took his hand. Then I looked up at the doctor.

"Doctor, can you please let me stay with him for a day? Please... Don't ignore..." He sighed. "If that's the only thing left, I can't say no..."

He left us after informing the nurse.