01. The Competition Has Begun

Chloe
The network told us to act as if the cameras weren't there. As if. There were at least three cameramen following me as I walked into the studio. Of course I was excited. I was going to be on TELEVISION. That is every girls dream but, I have a feeling that Miss Abby might go a little harder on us and start drama for the sake of the cameras.
I walk into the dancers den, put my hair in a ponytail, and walk in just in time for pyramid with my mom.
I didn't know if I was seeing things, but Miss Abby definitely gave me a nasty look. I sat on the floor in between Maddie and Paige and crossed my fingers that I wasn't on the bottom of the pyramid.

Maddie
Chloe Paige Mackenzie
Nia Vivi-Anne Brooke Paige

I let out a sigh of relief and gave Brooke and Paige a quick hug. They did great in the group dance last week but I know that their mom has had a few problems with Miss Abby. I knew I should have been grateful for my spot on the pyramid, but I can't help but think that Maddie is Miss Abby's favorite so she just put her on the top to be an example for us. Don't get me wrong, Maddie is one of my best friends but she just doesn't belong there sometimes. I do.

Maddie
Top of the pyramid. I didn't want to express my joy too much because of the girls. They were already jealous of me because I always get the best solos. I felt the girls' stares burn my back, but I didn't care. Chloe knew how I felt. We were the top petite dancers at the ALDC and Abby would always put us head to head. Of course I'd win. Abby gives me tons of privates to practice my solos but begs me not to say anything to anyone about it, not even Kenzie. I feel guilty but, Abby says its just business.