11. On Pointe

Lord I need a nap. The things I do for you guys xoxo

Chloe

The first episode aired last night and we all packed into Maddie's house and Mackenzie ate all the popcorn before the first commercial break. We all squealed every time we saw our faces on t.v. Then they showed our confessionals. Maddie said it clear as day, that she was better than me because she practices more.

I wanted to be mad at her, but she was right. I don't practice as much and she deserves all those times when she beat me. I shouldn't even be dancing at all.

Nia and I begged Abby for a day off until he finally agreed. After we rehearsed. Also, Maddie and I did our usual peeps on the producers before we left for Lake Tahoe. We heard that they're gonna bring in Maddie's dad to start drama. Again. First he's gonna come to the bowling alley on our day off, and then at the competition. I thought reality t.v. was suppose to be...real.

Pyramid today was even worse than the others. I was third, opposed to all the other times where I'm second, and where Maddie's always first. Maddie and I have solos.If I want to win at Nationals, Maddie and I can't be in the same age categories. She said it herself, she's better than me. I hope I can pull my weight, 'cause I'm stuck with her during the duet.

Maddie

Finally, Mackenzie was going to be featured in the group dance. She's been getting a little lazy lately and wants to get chips and play soccer.

Chloe

My solo was fine. There was nothing wrong with it. There was something wrong with me. It was all going fine, until Maddie stepped into the room and I got a bit nervous. She was watching my solo and I felt like I could read her mind. "It's good, but not good enough to beat me."

Then I had to do my solo in one piece, with Maddie watching the whole time. Maddie clapped a little, but I couldn't tell whether she was doing it for the cameras or not.

"Sickled feet." Abby told me.

Great. Just great.

After Abby's critique, I practically cried all over my mom's shirt, bawling that I hated dance and didn't want to do anymore.

"Is this because of Abby?" She asked, concerned.

Maybe. "No."

"Maddie?"

Definitely. "No. I just need some time off."

Maddie

Our day of relaxation is here! We all piled into the van and we were ready to go, until Chloe's mom came to talk to Abby.

"What's your mom talking to Abby about?" I asked Chloe.

She shrugged. "Who knows?"

The van ride was exhausting and the windows didn't open, so when we was the beautiful ocean, we all just wanted to jump into it. Paige started doing cartwheels everywhere and Abby and Chloe took a walk somewhere. For some reason I felt a pang of jealousy.

Why is Abby talking to her?

Maddie shut up! She's probably just talking about Chloe's mom was talking about. I hope.

+

After a couple of hours of relaxation, which turned into us making up dances to our favorite songs, us along with our moms went to a bowling alley. Where my dad was going to pop in and I was supposed to be so surprised.

Mackenzie and I heard them fighting on the bench and then we had to leave. The second I get an almost strike...

Today, Brooke and Paige were gonna learn their duet, while they were up against Chloe and I with our Black Swan duet. Instead of Abby working with them and Gia working with me, the producers wanted even more drama towards the end of the dance season. So now, both Abby and Gia were working on my solo, while Paige and Brooke have a guest choreographer.