09. I Wanna Be Like Maddie!

Maddie

We all entered another studio this week in Las Vegas. Cathy and Vivi-Anne were either late or didn't show up. Abby was bound to bring up our group dance Snapshot. We have to face Abby's wrath while Brandon is back in Pittsburgh. What a wimp, no wonder Brooke won't date him again.

Abby unveiled who was at the bottom of the pyramid. We all thought it was Vivi and we were all right, except there was a red 'x' on her face and I couldn't help but smile. Was she really gone?

"Her mother made it quite clear she was not traveling to Las Vegas, so you know what this poor little girl is going to suffer."

Mackenzie was next. Then Paige. She was also given a solo. Then Nia who finally won. Brooke, who didn't make it into the top three. I was waiting for my name to be called, but Chloe was on top of the pyramid. Chloe was. I wasn't even on the pyramid and she was given a solo. She also gave me a week off because Chloe had a week off, but I know why I'm not doing a solo, it's the only way Abby thinks Chloe would win. I don't know if that's true or not, but at least I have time to relax.

Chloe

Our group dance was based on sins. Since there weren't enough of us for seven deadly sins, she just spouted random ones for us.

Brooke-Sloth.

Paige-Gluttony.

Nia- Greed.

Maddie-Wrath.

And finally me. Envy. I knew what envy was before Miss Abby told me and I knew she was going to give it to me. She probably thought I was jealous of Maddie like every other girl in the studio but she's wrong. We're just jealous that she gets special treatment when the cameras are on. I was considered as the favorite for the show. Yeah, I was supposed to be in Maddie's spot but I refused, because it wouldn't be fair to everybody else. Times like these where I regret it.

After about three hours into rehearsal, Abby brought two showgirls into the studio and taught us about 'the showgirl walk'. We stood up with our necks high like giraffes. Then one showgirl told us about shows in Vegas where she went topless. I don't think she noticed how young we were but the session started to get a bit weird.

After the showgirls left, I practiced my solo. I have to admit, it hurts a little that Miss Abby thinks that the only way I can win first ifs is Maddie isn't competing. Then after we went out for ice cream. We were actually having fun, until Abby brought up dance. Again.

+

After Paige left my hotel room, my mom saw that I was down in the dumps again and gave me a pep talk about being myself. After a few minutes, she left and I sneaked into Paige and Brooke's room.

"Where do you think she went?"Paige asked me.

"Who knows," I shrugged.

"Maybe she went and gave Abby a piece of her mind," Brooke joked.

"If she does, kiss your spot on the pyramid goodbye."

The group dance seemed a little rushed since we came a couple minutes late, and it showed since we didn't win. We got seventh overall and someone was going to be the blame. Also, Abby needs a win, and she's counting on Brooke, Nia, Paige and I. While my mom was pulling my hair into a bun, Paige finally got her costume. She got hers a little later than ours, and it didn't fit. Kelly threw a fit and a couple words were said.Then Kelly was threatening to pull the solo. I practically begged her, but her mom was forcing her to.

Then it was just up to Brooke and I, who's shoulder was in pain. Nia wasn't really the focus of Abby this week, so the pressure's all on me.

I was anxiously waiting for the awards. Brooke was third. And when they announced the winner, they didn't call my name. I felt all the blood rush from my head. Abby's going to hate me. She's probably wishing that she entered Maddie.