03. High Kicks or Dance Shoes?

Chloe

Paige and I entered the dance den and got a couple drinks of water.
"Who do you think is gonna be on the top of the pyramid this week?"she asked me.
"Who do you think?"
"Maddie" we said in unison.
"So, did you hear what the producers are doing this week?" Paige asked.
I scrunched my nose, knowing something bad was coming. "What is it?"
"The producers want to start drama again, so they're making Brooke try out for cheerleading ."
Uh-oh. I know we needed ratings but this is ridiculous.
"What does Brooke think about it?"
"She hates the idea of it. The cameramen are gonna film some stuff in our house and Brooke is gonna act all lazy and say that she doesn't want to dance anymore."
Soon, Maddie and Kenzie waltz in. We sat in silence for a while until Maddie asked us what we were talking about.
"Pyramid."
"Oh" was all she said.
Then Nia and Vivi-Anne walked in and it was time for us and the moms to go in for pyramid.

Maddie
Chloe Brooke
Nia Paige Mackenzie Vivi-Anne

"For the group dance, it will be acro, so Brooke, we will be counting on your tricks for the dance, because you have the lead."
Now I really felt bad for Brooke. She was finally in her element and she had to fake her love for cheerleading.
"There will be a duet" Abby announced. "It will be called Everlasting Friends and will feature Chloe and ..."
To be honest, I really hoped it would be Paige. We were like twins.
"Maddie!" The moms and the rest of the girls clapped for us. I guess it could be cool. Maddie and I are like this ( if you can't see me right now I'm crossing my fingers.)
"For the solo, it will go to... Vivi-Anne!"
We all clapped and I looked over to Cathy who looked so happy, my mom who rolled her eyes, and to Melissa who clearly wanted Maddie or Kenzie for the solo.

Maddie
The group dance featured acrobatics. When I was younger I was just like Brooke who dreamed of being in the Cirque. But then, Miss Abby gave me a lyrical solo and I got first in a competition, so she kept giving me those types if solos and I grew out of acro. But Chloe and I were doing a duet and it was going to be awesome.
When we started stretching, I moved closer to Chloe and started talking about our duet.
"Are you excited about the duet?" I asked as I fell into my bad leg splits. My legs are so tense today.
"I am so excited. My mom's making the costumes and they are going to be so cute!!"
I smiled. "I think Abby might be warming up to Brooke since the show started. She practically lives for acro."
Chloe's face fell at the thought of Brooke. "Yeah, about that... Brooke's trying out for cheerleading."
"She's what!" Nia exclaimed. "Out of all of the weeks to try out."
Brooke groaned. "Calm down you two. The producers are making me." She fake smiled and waved at the cameramen filming us. We try not to look at them, but its kind of hard when I can practically smell their cheeseburger breath.
"So you really don't want to quit?" Nia asked.
"Well at this rate, I don't really know. The kids at my school are making fun of me wearing booty shorts all the time and ask me to mention them on the show."
Chloe scoffed. "Tell me about, my principal is so nosy. She asked my mom why she didn't know I was on Dance Moms."
"Girls!" Abby yelled. "More stretching less talking. You have about five minutes left."
"Yes Miss Abby," we all said in unison. Its this thing we all do when we pretend we're the orphans in Annie and pretend Miss Abby is Miss Hannigan. I don't think she noticed yet.